2000 Expedition Making Buzzing Noise

rtallon

Hi,

Today when I turn the key off of my 2000 Expedition, there is a buzzing noise in the dash as if something electrical is still running even thought the car is off. I can hear the noise close to where the gauges and ignition are. I figure that it something electrical but can't pinpoint it. Hopefully, it is nothing too serious or that my battery won't drain. I have had the vehicle since 1999 and just went over the 80K mile mark.

Do any of you have any thoughts?

I know to try my friends at the forum because you diagnosed my Idle Air Control problem 3 months ago; therefore, I hope that you will come through for me again!

Thanks!

Okay, I am so embarrassed! I should have given it the 24 hour rule before posting a message. In my further investigation of the mysterious buzzing noise, I found one of my daughter's hand-held Tic Tac Toe games under the driver's seat. Guess what? It was making a buzzing noise because the battery was worn down! Gosh, I am so embarrassed but also so relieved that I have solved the mystery!

Thanks anyway!