ScanGauge II malfunction

Hook686

I pickedup up my 2009 Escape Hybrid September 12, 2008. I got the ScanGauge II that week and connected it using GaryG data. I found it a great tool for monitoring the fuel economy of the FEH. One might say I got addicted to monitoring the readouts. In June the SOC stopped showing a value. It was displayed in the lower right quadrant. I modified the data parameter shown in each quadrant and got the four parameters I watch (State of Charge, Water Temp., MPH and MPG) to display continuously.

Everything seemed just fine until August, when the display would just go dark. A press of the 'Home' button and the display would once again show itself. Unfortunately this only lasts about ten seconds before going dark again. When the display is lit, it seems to function correctly, but only for ten seconds.

One odd thing is one the first start of the day it works normally for about 3 minutes, the goes into the 'ten seconds and shut off' sequence. I am finding this quite frustrating.

I am wondering if anyone, especially GaryG, has ever noticed this problem. If so, what might be the cause and a solution ?

I have tried restoring the factory defaults and contacting the ScanGauge vendor. Any ideas ?

I pickedup up my 2009 Escape Hybrid September 12, 2008. I got the ScanGauge II that week and connected it using GaryG data. I found it a great tool for monitoring the fuel economy of the FEH. One might say I got addicted to monitoring the readouts. In June the SOC stopped showing a value. It was displayed in the lower right quadrant. I modified the data parameter shown in each quadrant and got the four parameters I watch (State of Charge, Water Temp., MPH and MPG) to display continuously.

Everything seemed just fine until August, when the display would just go dark. A press of the 'Home' button and the display would once again show itself. Unfortunately this only lasts about ten seconds before going dark again. When the display is lit, it seems to function correctly, but only for ten seconds.

One odd thing is one the first start of the day it works normally for about 3 minutes, the goes into the 'ten seconds and shut off' sequence. I am finding this quite frustrating.

I am wondering if anyone, especially GaryG, has ever noticed this problem. If so, what might be the cause and a solution ?

I have tried restoring the factory defaults and contacting the ScanGauge vendor. Any ideas ?

Your original FEH settings have went back to default so you need to check engine size and type of fuel etc. Your SGII is what we call going to sleep because the type of fuel is not set to "Hybrid". Check that and let me know.

Your original FEH settings have went back to default so you need to check engine size and type of fuel etc. Your SGII is what we call going to sleep because the type of fuel is not set to "Hybrid". Check that and let me know.

GaryG you are good. That was the situation. I reset those parameters and I will find out if the display stays on for more than 10 seconds on my next trip out and about.

Problem solved ... thanks GaryG. I still have not got a solution from the vendor ... The responses I have received thus far seem to be focusing on a loose connection. Your solution was quick and painless. You da man.

Thanks, glad I could help. When you call LL next time ask for Ron Delong who is the inventor of the Scangauge. Most of the others there work in sales and shipping. Also, CarlD has a FEH and has worked with Ron on programming the SGII X-Gauge. Carl was the man that brought us the SoC gauge as well as so many other SGII functions and he will answer questions on http://www.cleanmpg.com/