Local 228 election rigging

TheEagle

In an attempt to get "his" canidates elected Cal Clark did not give the election committee a current copy of elidgble voters!

This entire election was a fraud (except Lupo).

People who work on days voted for midnights and skilled trades from Utica were on the green sheets, empty ballots found in the plant!!

Someone needs to complain to the Dept of Labor about how this election was so mishandled!

Talking to people on the election Committee Cal Clark did not give them the proper information needed to hold a fair election!

I am sure we will hear more about this issue this week!!

In an attempt to get "his" canidates elected Cal Clark did not give the election committee a current copy of elidgble voters!

People who work on days voted for midnights and skilled trades from Utica were on the green sheets, empty ballots found in the plant!!

Someone needs to complain to the Dept of Labor about how this election was so mishandled!

Talking to people on the election Committee Cal Clark did not give them the proper information needed to hold a fair election!

Apparently the entire region is falling apart. Is the local structure as we know it becoming obsolete?

Their own. I hate to say it, but I haven't met anyone who will sacrifice their position to benefit the membership.

:redcard: I thought when they were on that merger kick that our President Jeff Terry was willing to step down as President and allow Tony Pinelli to be President to save the memberships money??

Sorry Eagle.

We are happy with the President we have now.

He has done a heck of a job.

I know about 1000 people here at 228 that would never have let that happen.

We don't want some bum who let 2 plants get closed in charge of 228.

Ever.

As I understand it Tony P couldn't negotiate his way out of a wet paper bag.

And yes any Tony supporters are welcome to debate me on this public forum.

And if I do debate someone about Tony I will (figuratively speaking of course) stomp a mud hole in their ass and walk it dry.

I don't play games.

I mean business.

You don't get to come between us and our $ Tony.

It is time you think about the next chapter of your life ok.

Thanks

Edited by Stugots

DOL ? , don't think we need those assholes running our elections , we have always had a good election commitee and they have ran our last election with the same green sheets ,just because some ballots were found doesn't mean their was not a fair election we know some people in the plant had nothing better to do than come and SPOIL ballots and leave with them.. FRAUD is a very strong word and I would never use that word lightly our elected officals would never let something like that happen , they did their best and the election is over , RECOUNT and loser goes back to WORK ... ELECTIONS ARE IN 8 MONTHS

DOL ? , don't think we need those assholes running our elections , we have always had a good election commitee and they have ran our last election with the same green sheets ,just because some ballots were found doesn't mean their was not a fair election we know some people in the plant had nothing better to do than come and SPOIL ballots and leave with them.. FRAUD is a very strong word and I would never use that word lightly our elected officals would never let something like that happen , they did their best and the election is over , RECOUNT and loser goes back to WORK ... ELECTIONS ARE IN 8 MONTHS

Fraud isn't that strong of a word... after all its about the rights of members, some guarnteed by statue and some by constitution. fraud -Any act of deception carried out for the purpose of unfair, undeserved and/or unlawful gain, either valuable financially or comprising a legal right.

Fraud isn't that strong of a word... after all its about the rights of members, some guarnteed by statue and some by constitution. fraud -Any act of deception carried out for the purpose of unfair, undeserved and/or unlawful gain, either valuable financially or comprising a legal right.
Well , coming from someone that came from local 400 is pretty FUNNY , why did the Labor DEPT have to oversee your elections ? You should've spoken up when you were at your LOCAL ,but let me guess it was O.k to commit fraud when the outcome is in your favor... What about the RIGHTS of those who were ELECTED ?? So just so you know , we have always had fair elections here and for you to accuse fraud here without KNOWING THE FACTS , and base your judgement on rumors is just a bunch of shit !!

Well , coming from someone that came from local 400 is pretty FUNNY , why did the Labor DEPT have to oversee your elections ? You should've spoken up when you were at your LOCAL ,but let me guess it was O.k to commit fraud when the outcome is in your favor... What about the RIGHTS of those who were ELECTED ?? So just so you know , we have always had fair elections here and for you to accuse fraud here without KNOWING THE FACTS , and base your judgement on rumors is just a bunch of shit !!

Yo new eye, maybe you should go back to the old one!!! I didn't accuse some one of fraud, I just gave you the definition of fraud so you might see ( lol lol ) that is is not so big a word or premise.

Well now about 400, you and others are right on about the shit that goes on here. But the nature of the secrecy that the uaw has sometimes makes it duficult to process ny comlaint or appeal. so the accused person has a great advantage in the due process that is supposed to be in place at the uaw, to you point of rights of accused. membes at large are not give much or the information needed to complete any actioin and usually appeal and complaints are dismissed on a technical reason vs a substantive reasoning. (that means dismissed for timing or filing issues despite the likelihood of the questinable act taking place.)

so I am not making a judgment only an obeservation and commentary, but i think, you doth protest to much!!!!

Yo new eye, maybe you should go back to the old one!!! I didn't accuse some one of fraud, I just gave you the definition of fraud so you might see ( lol lol ) that is is not so big a word or premise.

Well now about 400, you and others are right on about the shit that goes on here. But the nature of the secrecy that the uaw has sometimes makes it duficult to process ny comlaint or appeal. so the accused person has a great advantage in the due process that is supposed to be in place at the uaw, to you point of rights of accused. membes at large are not give much or the information needed to complete any actioin and usually appeal and complaints are dismissed on a technical reason vs a substantive reasoning. (that means dismissed for timing or filing issues despite the likelihood of the questinable act taking place.)

so I am not making a judgment only an obeservation and commentary, but i think, you doth protest to much!!!!

Ok Shakesphere , just the " FACTS " thats the way shit works the individual is not not stronger than the GROUP ...

Tea bagger !!! Edited by Brain_dead

Ok Shakesphere , just the " FACTS " thats the way shit works the individual is not not stronger than the GROUP ...

okay new eye I don't hink you meant that as a compliment, by I will take it that way. for the most part the group will be stronger, unitl the group fails to act in their own best interests. just as many members fail to make meetings and become active in their unioin so goes the strength of the group/union and the individual becomes more able to manipulate the group for their own ends.

case on point is local 400. members failed to act so the individuals acyted for their own selfish interests. same ost other local and to the internaional as well. as the members becomes to busy, to un-involved the few will drive the bus. Or in other words, as you know, spock (Star Trek) said it best, "the needs of the one out weigh the invoolvement of the many. " now I know that i took some creative license with that comment, but you all know what I mean.

the vote, is one of the ways members have to move or afffect the operations their locals. if you don't use it you lose it. the other ways are found in the constitution, appeal etc. that members can use. the time and effort, when performed by an induvidual instead of he group, is longer and more difficult, but some will make the effort on behalf of the group. those may be called dissidents by office holders, or troublemakers or scabs. What would one call the members who don't act at all? What do you call the members who act against the membership/group/many?

But the few are acting according to the rules to effect change. Now I read alot of the PRB cases, many are not for the many, but some are and the many need to be more involved to keep their union alive because it is dying from the inside out. lack of membership action will be the cause.

okay new eye I don't hink you meant that as a compliment, by I will take it that way. for the most part the group will be stronger, unitl the group fails to act in their own best interests. just as many members fail to make meetings and become active in their unioin so goes the strength of the group/union and the individual becomes more able to manipulate the group for their own ends.

case on point is local 400. members failed to act so the individuals acyted for their own selfish interests. same ost other local and to the internaional as well. as the members becomes to busy, to un-involved the few will drive the bus. Or in other words, as you know, spock (Star Trek) said it best, "the needs of the one out weigh the invoolvement of the many. " now I know that i took some creative license with that comment, but you all know what I mean.

the vote, is one of the ways members have to move or afffect the operations their locals. if you don't use it you lose it. the other ways are found in the constitution, appeal etc. that members can use. the time and effort, when performed by an induvidual instead of he group, is longer and more difficult, but some will make the effort on behalf of the group. those may be called dissidents by office holders, or troublemakers or scabs. What would one call the members who don't act at all? What do you call the members who act against the membership/group/many?

I agree with what you've been saying....

Except for the part about the local structure becoming obselete....

Our problem isn't the local structure.... It's our local slate.....

My guess is that the slate became so strong at 400, that honest people who were ready, willing and able to serve couldn't, because of slate controlled coruption.....

Perhaps like we've been experiencing here....

Who ever called the DOL at 400 did the right thing....

When a membership becomes so complacent that they can't root out their bad apples, because they're not even voting, because they don't think they're vote will count, some one who knows just what to do, needs to step up and do the right thing for the good of their membership....

Here at 228 we've always been able to handle things in house.... Like in 2000 when we "cleaned the slate"......

This membership.... I assure you.... will not tolerate excutive officers who want to play a game of catch me if you can....

We'll vote them out.... and if our votes don't count because of corruption.... there's plenty of us who know the number to the DOL....

Solidarity

• 2 weeks later...

Response:

This election was not a fraud. It merely resulted in a bunch of sore losers! Jeff Terry promised Julie and Al a win and they did not get it. His plan back fired!

Response:

This election was not a fraud. It merely resulted in a bunch of sore losers! Jeff Terry promised Julie and Al a win and they did not get it. His plan back fired!

What are you talking about? Jeff and Kenn stayed out of this last election. Ask any of the canidates, oh except you Cal or cumfilledeye.

Edited by TheEagle