Everyone needs to Vote this offer down

whitetail

I wouldn't worry about the word "improvement". The key part is "maintaining wages and benefits comparable to all its U.S. competitors." With that, we will take whatever pay cut the government forced upon GM and Chrysler if this passes. And you cannot strike over the 'improvement'. If the company was going to increase our wages, would you want to strike over that? Wake up people, there is a reason those two clauses are there. The $1000 bonus will be a joke compared to the lost wages.

you are correct..Thanks for the post..vote NO

I wouldn't worry about the word "improvement". The key part is "maintaining wages and benefits comparable to all its U.S. competitors." With that, we will take whatever pay cut the government forced upon GM and Chrysler if this passes. And you cannot strike over the 'improvement'. If the company was going to increase our wages, would you want to strike over that? Wake up people, there is a reason those two clauses are there. The $1000 bonus will be a joke compared to the lost wages.

Vote No!

Why are we giving up anything based on false promises, we have been offerd work before and have not received anything. Why does the union not request start dates on new work? The only reason they are asking us for anything is because Ron Gettlefinger and Bob King made a deal with Ford, before GM and Chrysler went into bankruptcy court, they hammered out an agreement with Ford that they could take to the bankruptcy judge, so the union brothers and sisters would not lose everything. Now GM and Chrysler come out of bankruptcy with no debt and Ford is telling the UAW that they have to match them so they will not be at a disadvantage. Meanwhile Ford gets all of the benefits of telling the public they did not file bankruptcy and are a great american company for not using tax dollars. Now we have given up enough with the last modification, and the UAW wants us to believe we are going to get new work. The only problem is it is the same package we just barely passed with a few more twists to it. I URGE EVERONE TO SEND A MESSAGE TO THE INTERNATIONAL UNION AND VOTE THIS CONTRACT DOWN AND TELL THEM SEE YOU IN 2011.

I sure will..my vote says...HELL NO