WaPo's Warren Smith: Friend or Foe to the Blue Oval?

Roadrunner

Check out what Warren Smith said in this Q&A ( link: http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/conte...9101603083.html )

He tells the reader to opt for the Fusion over the Lexus--

(Question from) Annapolis: Hi, Warren. I have a 2004 Solara sport six-cylinder that is so totally reliable even at 106k, but I am getting the itch (also tired of it pulling to the left; always has, always will). Along with the itch is the wish to better my gas mileage. So, I am looking at that new Lexus 250 hybrid which seems to be around $40k, the Prius of course, which can be mid-20s to mid-30s depending on the model, and the BMW diesel, the 335D. Or I could stick with mid-20s for mileage and go Acura TL or Infiniti G37 or the BMW 328i at mid-30s price range.

Or just drive the Solara until it keels over. Help me, sage one.

Warren Brown: Hello, Annapolis:

All of the alternate models you're loking at are good. I particularly like the 335D. When it comes to gas-electric hybrids, I advise you to do this, seriously:

Drive the Lexus 250 hybrid.

Then, drive a fully loaded Ford Fusion hybrid.

Then, come back here and talk to us about your experience. I'm betting that, for several thousand dollars less, the Fusion Hybrid is going to make a pretty good impression.

Edited by Roadrunner