Not technically an employee, but....

Ewilkinson

:happy feet:

:happy feet: Welcome to the fourm. . . You maybe able to help me, being a Mustang owner and in sales. . . I'm currently working with the F150 in Dearborn and had put 24 years in Dearborn with the Mustang. . . Now I would like to ask you if you can help me? . . . Could you tell me where the VIN numbers are stamped on the engine and trans on a '91' Mustang? The reason is that my daughter just picked up a '91' Mustang (Mint) in Ohio in August from a retired police officer which he bought in New Jersey. The reason for the history is that in the 90's we had a Superintendant that was steeling vehicles from the plant and sent them to New Jersey to resell with the help of his daughter. He had stolen VIN numbers from units that were to be scrapped (dead) and put on vehicles that he test drove home. . . He was caught. . . Would like to verify if the VIN numbers on the engine and trans would match the IP plate. . . Anybody reading this that could help would be great also.

Can you send me the VIN? I'm not sure if MY'91 data is still in the system, but we can always give it a try...

Toyota is hiring in Woodstock for a second shift. You might want to put in an application.

Mind you, you'll be hired on under contract (not a Toyota employee). And if you get hurt they'll try to cut you loose (when my neighbour had health issues he put his house up for sale because he was worried they were going to can him). And if they cut the third shift you won't get a buyout.

But hey, apart from that it's a job.

So if he has 5,10 15 or 20 years from ford and gets a job at the big T who is investing in Canada, should he buy ford? Lets face it if you LOSE your job you will have NO product loyalty because your income has dropped from 30 to about 15 if you are lucky. With that wage you look for bang for the buck and if the other car companies are close to any ford product in cost then WHY GIVE MONEY TO FORD WHO LET YOU GO. No one would buy a product from any company that said SEE YA! I would buy only North American but if Toyjoka hired me or my wife sorry but thats what I would buy, just like any other person who lost their job at ford would do. Ya you get a severance and ya its not bad compared to most but once its gone then the dollar kicks in. Economics 101! Just a side note...I have and will only buy North American but since ford said see ya, we will look at other products and so will family and friends. Don't BS.. if it was you you would do the same. If your wife divorced you because you weren't in her future plans would you still stay loyal to her? Good luck OAC.

No Ford products in my future or any others I can influence.

R.I.P. STAP

R.I.P local 1520

The ford vehicles purchased in Canada are a blip on the radar. There are more people in California than in all of Canada. Respect to your values, but your actions will most likely go out with a wimper

So if he has 5,10 15 or 20 years from ford and gets a job at the big T who is investing in Canada, should he buy ford? Lets face it if you LOSE your job you will have NO product loyalty because your income has dropped from 30 to about 15 if you are lucky. With that wage you look for bang for the buck and if the other car companies are close to any ford product in cost then WHY GIVE MONEY TO FORD WHO LET YOU GO. No one would buy a product from any company that said SEE YA! I would buy only North American but if Toyjoka hired me or my wife sorry but thats what I would buy, just like any other person who lost their job at ford would do. Ya you get a severance and ya its not bad compared to most but once its gone then the dollar kicks in. Economics 101! Just a side note...I have and will only buy North American but since ford said see ya, we will look at other products and so will family and friends. Don't BS.. if it was you you would do the same. If your wife divorced you because you weren't in her future plans would you still stay loyal to her? Good luck OAC.

Don't know why this was posted quoting me, but I didn't comment on his "loyalty" or the plant closing, because I have sympathy for STAP employees.

I merely presented the fact that Toyota is hiring at a location near STAP, with the heads up of how "they do business" there. But all I gave was information, not a criticism.

So if you were directing at this at me, kindly STFU.

Don't know why this was posted quoting me, but I didn't comment on his "loyalty" or the plant closing, because I have sympathy for STAP employees.

I merely presented the fact that Toyota is hiring at a location near STAP, with the heads up of how "they do business" there. But all I gave was information, not a criticism.

So if you were directing at this at me, kindly STFU.

Sorry Sparky this was not directed at you, I was just generalizing using your toyota comment and trying to answer to those with the question of loyalty. I ment to say that but got ahead of myself.. My bad..

:happy feet:

:happy feet: Welcome to the fourm. . . You maybe able to help me, being a Mustang owner and in sales. . . I'm currently working with the F150 in Dearborn and had put 24 years in Dearborn with the Mustang. . . Now I would like to ask you if you can help me? . . . Could you tell me where the VIN numbers are stamped on the engine and trans on a '91' Mustang? The reason is that my daughter just picked up a '91' Mustang (Mint) in Ohio in August from a retired police officer which he bought in New Jersey. The reason for the history is that in the 90's we had a Superintendant that was steeling vehicles from the plant and sent them to New Jersey to resell with the help of his daughter. He had stolen VIN numbers from units that were to be scrapped (dead) and put on vehicles that he test drove home. . . He was caught. . . Would like to verify if the VIN numbers on the engine and trans would match the IP plate. . . Anybody reading this that could help would be great also.

whats the point here brother? you bought a car with a good title,right? the guy you bought it from acted in good faith i assume. proving this car stolen will only cause you to be out the car and the money you spent on it,unless you prove it stolen and then keep it at which point you commit a crime. some things are better left alone.

whats the point here brother? you bought a car with a good title,right? the guy you bought it from acted in good faith i assume. proving this car stolen will only cause you to be out the car and the money you spent on it,unless you prove it stolen and then keep it at which point you commit a crime. some things are better left alone.

:banghead: I'm done! . . . I'll leave it alone . . .