Leadership at 228

Brain_dead

Where are the leaders at? I'm told Sterling has some good future guys, but that's always the case and such is life. When are guys that can lead a local coming forth? I hear often it's on hold . It will work when doing the right thing is felt by majority, this includes starting with the the leadership and trickling down into the the membership, for make no mistake this is where the leadership comes from.. the membership. One day we will take our union back at Sterling Axle, and we will do it from the factory floor where real union reps. come from and never forget.

Edited by Brain_dead

Where are the leaders at? I'm told Sterling has some good future guys, but that's always the case and such is life. When are guys that can lead a local coming forth? I hear often it's on hold . It will work when doing the right thing is felt by majority, this includes starting with the the leadership and trickling down into the the membership, for make no mistake this is where the leadership comes from.. the membership. One day we will take our union back at Sterling Axle, and we will do it from the factory floor where real union reps. come from and never forget.
braindead , its all to clear how sterling politics work , the new chairmen used the bad times to his advantage ( like all polititions ) his hasn't changed shhit...

braindead , its all to clear how sterling politics work , the new chairmen used the bad times to his advantage ( like all polititions ) his hasn't changed shhit...

If utica or chesterfiled would have voted for people wiling to do the hard work instead of those good ole boy, highon's and drunks they might still be open. Both facilities were good places to work and had some great people and once upon a time a coupple of good reps. When units/plant members start looking real hard at what candidates are doing, who is campaigning for them (many times the most trouble is campigning the hardest so they can keep their job), who the candidats associate with on the floor you will have abetter idea of what they are made of and how they might act if you give them the job.

But remember, they are all subject to removal if the membership wants to..!

Everything starts at the floor, membership action should control your plant/units, locals, and Intl...!! If the members fail to act, then that is a choice each of us makes.

If utica or chesterfiled would have voted for people wiling to do the hard work instead of those good ole boy, highon's and drunks they might still be open. Both facilities were good places to work and had some great people and once upon a time a coupple of good reps. When units/plant members start looking real hard at what candidates are doing, who is campaigning for them (many times the most trouble is campigning the hardest so they can keep their job), who the candidats associate with on the floor you will have abetter idea of what they are made of and how they might act if you give them the job.

Everything starts at the floor, membership action should control your plant/units, locals, and Intl...!! If the members fail to act, then that is a choice each of us makes.

Are you saying if we voted in a different leadership our plant would still be open :hysterical: Our plant closing didn't have anything to do with the leadership. How does who campaigns for someone reflect on the candidate? :headscratch:

Are you saying if we voted in a different leadership our plant would still be open :hysterical: Our plant closing didn't have anything to do with the leadership. How does who campaigns for someone reflect on the candidate? :headscratch:

Joe you are killing me. :hysterical:

CHESTERFIELD WAS SOLD OUT BY THE LOCAL. THEY MADE THE DEAL WITH INTERNATIONAL AND THE COMPANY TO GET RIDE OF CHESTERFIELD SO THEY COULD KEEP UTICA OPEN (THE COMPANY EXCITEDLY SAID YES, KNOWING THAT UTICA WAS ON THE BLOCK ALREADY). IT HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH THE PLANT ITSELF OR THOSE ELECTED AT THE PLANT, CHESTERFIELD HAD A LOT OF GREAT PEOPLE WORKING THERE, AS DID UTICA. A LOT OF US WORKED AT BOTH PLANTS. IT WAS THE LOCAL WHERE WE ALL FAILED TO PUT THE PROPER PEOPLE IN CHARGE. MAYBE THE PROPER PEOPLE WERE NOT READY TO STEP UP YET EITHER. I AM GLAD THAT NEW LEADERSHIP NOW IS IN PLACE AND LETS SEE WHAT HE DOES WITH IT.

I AGREE THAT EVERYTHING STARTS AT THE FLOOR LEVEL, BUT POLITICS ARE A WHOLE DIFFERANT ANIMAL, SOMETIMES PEOPLE ARE BLINDED BY THE TRUTH. NOW THAT I AM AT STERLING I DO NOT SEE MUCH DIFFERANT FROM lOCAL 400 COMPARED TO LOCAL 228. LOTS OF ME ME ME GOING ON.

:finger:

CHESTERFIELD WAS SOLD OUT BY THE LOCAL. THEY MADE THE DEAL WITH INTERNATIONAL AND THE COMPANY TO GET RIDE OF CHESTERFIELD SO THEY COULD KEEP UTICA OPEN (THE COMPANY EXCITEDLY SAID YES, KNOWING THAT UTICA WAS ON THE BLOCK ALREADY). IT HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH THE PLANT ITSELF OR THOSE ELECTED AT THE PLANT, CHESTERFIELD HAD A LOT OF GREAT PEOPLE WORKING THERE, AS DID UTICA. A LOT OF US WORKED AT BOTH PLANTS. IT WAS THE LOCAL WHERE WE ALL FAILED TO PUT THE PROPER PEOPLE IN CHARGE. MAYBE THE PROPER PEOPLE WERE NOT READY TO STEP UP YET EITHER. I AM GLAD THAT NEW LEADERSHIP NOW IS IN PLACE AND LETS SEE WHAT HE DOES WITH IT.

I AGREE THAT EVERYTHING STARTS AT THE FLOOR LEVEL, BUT POLITICS ARE A WHOLE DIFFERANT ANIMAL, SOMETIMES PEOPLE ARE BLINDED BY THE TRUTH. NOW THAT I AM AT STERLING I DO NOT SEE MUCH DIFFERANT FROM lOCAL 400 COMPARED TO LOCAL 228. LOTS OF ME ME ME GOING ON.

:finger:

What would they have gained to make a dumb fking deal like that? :headscratch: I think with a couple more young people in place, 228 could be as great as it ever was. You are right, those with the mind set on me..me..me will get a local nowhere. I think that Jeff Terry is a little rough around the edges, but definitely has a vision for the future. There are some other good leaders, but the plant leadership is missing a key piece, just my opinion. This person will step up, just hope everyone sees this! We will soon find out!

• 3 weeks later...

Cap'n for all your posts, you really make a mockery of yourself with this one...

Wish I caught it earlier.