Automobile Mag Cool Review

• 4 weeks later...
Automobile

Nice to see one of the rags go old skool once in awhile.

That was a great article. Brings back some memories of my first car. It was a '51 Customline 4 door, V-8. 3 sp. manual. It was a great little car which I kept for about 4 years. Sold it at a slight profit. One persistent problem it had was that the starter would stick. I sooned learned to put it in "high" gear and rock it backward by hand. Once the started "popped" she was ready to start. By the way, that was the last four door I ever bought for my own use. Wife likes the 4 door sedan, but I still would prefer the two door coupe or hardtop if they were readily available.

• 2 weeks later...
That was a great article. Brings back some memories of my first car. It was a '51 Customline 4 door, V-8. 3 sp. manual. It was a great little car which I kept for about 4 years. Sold it at a slight profit. One persistent problem it had was that the starter would stick. I sooned learned to put it in "high" gear and rock it backward by hand. Once the started "popped" she was ready to start. By the way, that was the last four door I ever bought for my own use. Wife likes the 4 door sedan, but I still would prefer the two door coupe or hardtop if they were readily available.

Great story. If you don't mind me asking, what did you pay for the Customline back then?