tracking info Request on a '10 Ford Flex LTD EB.

I eagerely (loosing patience) wait for the delivery of my 2010 Ford Flex Limited EB, Cinnamon with white roof, all options minus the DVD headrests.

I would like to know the estimated ship date or any other status on my 2010 Ford Flex which I ordered Sep 8th! (assembled Nov. 25th)

The VIN is 2FMHK6DT5ABA73879, my dealer can't seem to find out any info.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. :shrug:

The Dealer refers me to Ford and Ford refers me to the Dealer. Does anyone know how to track the shipment or how to check if my vehicle has even shipped yet!

Anyone?

Edited by seafur

I am having the same issue. I orderd on October 1 and still have not recieved any eta on delivery. The only info I have gotten is that there is some sort of delay with the remote start install. I am suppose to be getting more info on Monday so if I hear anything back I will keep you posted.

FYI...

Your Flex is likely being held up like mine due to the CN Rail strike. The strike has been over for several days, however there is a backlog now at Oakville. My MKT has been sitting at the rail depot since the 7th.

Thanks for the update but the strike has been over since Dec 2nd. My Flex was born on Nov. 25th, it's funny that you can track an envelope but not a $50,000 vehicle!

Thanks for the update but the strike has been over since Dec 2nd. My Flex was born on Nov. 25th, it's funny that you can track an envelope but not a $50,000 vehicle!

Oh wow, you are in an even worse situation than my MKT! It was built on the 7th of this month, but still hasn't shipped.

I hear ya on the not being able to track the vehicle. I have ordered from other companies in the past and it is not like this. The dealership always knows where it is at and has a good idea of the time frame....Ford just builds them and lets everyone ponder about it.

Mine was build on the 24 of nov. My dealer called me on Thursday and said my car won't arrive until Jan at a minimum.

Really is super frustrating

Thanks for the update mrmike, did your dealer have any explaination or reason for the delay? Did you opt for the remote start? I heard that ford is having trouble with the outside upfitter that are doing the remote start install. :tequila: :tequila:

Thanks again, Al

Actually yes I did get the remote start and it was an issue however me dealer told me the remote star was in 2 weeks ago and the car is litteraly sitting in a parking lot in oakville. No explanation why they can't get the car to Toronto as I am only 40 minutes by car. He told me that the plant shut down for Christmas and will reopen 1 week of Jan.

Actually yes I did get the remote start and it was an issue however me dealer told me the remote star was in 2 weeks ago and the car is litteraly sitting in a parking lot in oakville. No explanation why they can't get the car to Toronto as I am only 40 minutes by car. He told me that the plant shut down for Christmas and will reopen 1 week of Jan.

If your car is done, it's no longer in the hands of Oakville, it's in the hands of the transit companies (rail or truck). The transit companies (I would hope) work through the holidays and don't have a shutdown like the plant.

Something is not adding up with the info I am getting. Maybe it's in quality control because there is an issue they are dealing with. I hope if that was the case they would be able to tell me but I won't count on it. Maybe someone who actualy works for Ford will comment? Personaly after close to 3 months of waiting I getting to the point that I am ready to walk away.

Something is not adding up with the info I am getting. Maybe it's in quality control because there is an issue they are dealing with. I hope if that was the case they would be able to tell me but I won't count on it. Maybe someone who actualy works for Ford will comment? Personaly after close to 3 months of waiting I getting to the point that I am ready to walk away.

I can relate to that. My dealership has escalated the issue to the point that the Sales Manager was talking to someone directly at Oakville and we still don't have clear answers about why my MKT has not shipped out yet. He blamed the strike, but come one...the strike was 4 days and has been over with since the 3rd! If they can't get caught up by now, Ford, it's time to find an additional transit company!

For orders of $40-50,000+ vehicles, Ford sure does not seem to care about keeping buyers very informed or even offering explanations as to why its taking 3-4 months for orders.

I can relate to that. My dealership has escalated the issue to the point that the Sales Manager was talking to someone directly at Oakville and we still don't have clear answers about why my MKT has not shipped out yet. He blamed the strike, but come one...the strike was 4 days and has been over with since the 3rd! If they can't get caught up by now, Ford, it's time to find an additional transit company!

For orders of $40-50,000+ vehicles, Ford sure does not seem to care about keeping buyers very informed or even offering explanations as to why its taking 3-4 months for orders.

Is there anything we can do besides walk away? My wife is really set on this car so I would love to get it to her but I am not about to let ford take advantage. We purchased the car so my wife would not have to walk the kids in the cold. If personaly think if it is still delayed later then the first week of Jan with no reall communication on what's happening I will probably walk right over to Toyota.

Please let me know if you gain any headway and I will do the same.

Is there anything we can do besides walk away? My wife is really set on this car so I would love to get it to her but I am not about to let ford take advantage. We purchased the car so my wife would not have to walk the kids in the cold. If personaly think if it is still delayed later then the first week of Jan with no reall communication on what's happening I will probably walk right over to Toyota.

Please let me know if you gain any headway and I will do the same.

Not really. We went to the dealership on Friday and had a talk with the Sales Manager. He said he will call tomorrow and attempt to get an update out of them on our MKT. He is just as frustrated over this as I am, so I suspect he will speak his mind with them tomorrow. I'll let you know when (if?) I hear anything tomorrow.

Not really. We went to the dealership on Friday and had a talk with the Sales Manager. He said he will call tomorrow and attempt to get an update out of them on our MKT. He is just as frustrated over this as I am, so I suspect he will speak his mind with them tomorrow. I'll let you know when (if?) I hear anything tomorrow.

Any new news from your dealer?