Patriotic Retirement Plan

Clark124

This has always seemed like a good Idea to me. :hyper:

The Fix

There recently was an article in the St. Petersburg Fl. Times. The Business Section asked readers for ideas on: "How Would You Fix the Economy?"

I think this guy nailed it!

_____

Dear Mr. President,

Please find below my suggestion for fixing America 's economy. Instead of giving billions of dollars to companies that will squander the money on lavish parties and unearned bonuses, use the following plan. You can call it the "Patriotic Retirement Plan":

There are about 40 million people over 50 in the work force. Pay them $1 million apiece severance for early retirement with the following stipulations:

1) They MUST retire. Forty million job openings - Unemployment fixed.

2) They MUST buy a new American CAR. Forty million cars ordered – Auto Industry fixed.

3) They MUST either buy a house or pay off their mortgage – Housing Crisis fixed..

It can't get any easier than that!!

P.S. If more money is needed, have all members in Congress pay their taxes...

Mr. President, while you're at it, make Congress retire on Social Security and Medicare. I'll bet both programs would be fixed pronto!

If you think this would work, please forward to everyone you know.

If not, please disregard.

• Like 1

No!

I just like the way it sounds!

Feel free to do the math and compare to what they did with the bail outs.I belive themoney will trickle up faster than it will trickle down as Mr Regan said

okay

4 people would be $4 million.

40 people would be $40 million

400 people would be $400 million

4000 people would be $4 billion

40,000 people would be $40 billion

400,000 people would be $400 billion

4,000,000 people would be $4 trillion

40,000,000 people would be $40 trillion.

They really should teach this in the schools...

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

No!

I just like the way it sounds!

Feel free to do the math and compare to what they did with the bail outs.I belive themoney will trickle up faster than it will trickle down as Mr Regan said

Ronald Raygun Zap was the best president Japan ever had. He never even understood his own economic policies. It never should have been called "supply economics" or "trickle down economics". He should have called it trickle out economics because that is what has happened to our jobs in America ever since he was president.

okay

4 people would be $4 million.

40 people would be $40 million

400 people would be $400 million

4000 people would be $4 billion

40,000 people would be $40 billion

400,000 people would be $400 billion

4,000,000 people would be $4 trillion

40,000,000 people would be $40 trillion.

They really should teach this in the schools...

It's hysterical that so many people can't do the math on his hypothesis. Thank you xr7 for properly showing the factors of ten. I cracked up when some economists had stated that instead of giving out the 780 billion in bailout money, just divide it amongst all Americans, they'd get over $260,000 a piece! When they found out it was only $2,600 a piece, suddenly it wasn't such a great idea!

• Like 1

Ronald Raygun Zap was the best president Japan ever had. He never even understood his own economic policies. It never should have been called "supply economics" or "trickle down economics". He should have called it trickle out economics because that is what has happened to our jobs in America ever since he was president.

Reagan used "Trickle down" BS and before him Coolidge and Hoover used it... and theres lead to the great depression just as Reagans and Bush's has done.... wow 2 for 2

Reagan used "Trickle down" BS and before him Coolidge and Hoover used it... and theres lead to the great depression just as Reagans and Bush's has done.... wow 2 for 2

You left out FDR. It was his policies that were in place during the Great Depression. These led to protectionism, and rivalries, which caused the Second World War. I would prefer a return to reality; take our medicine, and re-build, rather than applying Band-Aids, ignoring the real problem, until it blows up in our faces, like they did before.

You left out FDR. It was his policies that were in place during the Great Depression. These led to protectionism, and rivalries, which caused the Second World War. I would prefer a return to reality; take our medicine, and re-build, rather than applying Band-Aids, ignoring the real problem, until it blows up in our faces, like they did before.

during the depression not before the depression, a small but noticeable distinction.