Milan, MI ACH?

ALEX4398

I was wondering if any one knew what the status of the Milan plant is? I know several buyout trades that went back to work there as contractors and made six figures last year. Those jobs might help the trade, and production placement issues?

Talking with ex-coworkers they are getting a new fuel tank job and I thought tank in Dearborn was losing people, maybe another opportunity?

I was wondering if any one knew what the status of the Milan plant is? I know several buyout trades that went back to work there as contractors and made six figures last year. Those jobs might help the trade, and production placement issues?

Talking with ex-coworkers they are getting a new fuel tank job and I thought tank in Dearborn was losing people, maybe another opportunity?

They also have a lot ( over half ) of teir 2 people working there...... People took buy-out then came back as teir 2 employies

Seems they are flying under radar.......

They also have a lot ( over half ) of teir 2 people working there...... People took buy-out then came back as teir 2 employies

Seems they are flying under radar.......

Milan is in the same boat as Sheldon Rd. I was told recently by my ex-chairman that Milan has 17 trades people (no breakdown) and Sheldon Rd. has 37 retirees that are currently working as orange employees. For whatever reason, they seem to be exempt from being displaced by blue employees. This has been going on for over a year. Trades on ILO should be able to bid on those jobs just the same as production employees. Who and why are they being protected? I agree they seem to be under the radar.

• 3 weeks later...

Milan is in the same boat as Sheldon Rd. I was told recently by my ex-chairman that Milan has 17 trades people (no breakdown) and Sheldon Rd. has 37 retirees that are currently working as orange employees. For whatever reason, they seem to be exempt from being displaced by blue employees. This has been going on for over a year. Trades on ILO should be able to bid on those jobs just the same as production employees. Who and why are they being protected? I agree they seem to be under the radar.

I am hydraulic repairman at Milan ach, what do you want to know?

I am hydraulic repairman at Milan ach, what do you want to know?

Why are good trade jobs being held for retirees and contractors when we have a multitude of skilled trades on ilo from their tools?

Edited by ALEX4398

Have your Ex-Chair get his #'s straight. First, there are only about 19 trades that are Visteon supplemental emplyees(temps). 12 are EL's , 5 are PSO's. Dont see any of these trades on ILO around here. Anyway, they are also not all retirees (we call them reloaders). Some got dumped by Amer.Axle, some hired off the street. We do have 2 MR's that are rehired retirees. Anyway... no, I dont condone their continued employment while we have MR's on the street OR on the line.

Have your Ex-Chair get his #'s straight. First, there are only about 19 trades that are Visteon supplemental emplyees(temps). 12 are EL's , 5 are PSO's. Dont see any of these trades on ILO around here. Anyway, they are also not all retirees (we call them reloaders). Some got dumped by Amer.Axle, some hired off the street. We do have 2 MR's that are rehired retirees. Anyway... no, I dont condone their continued employment while we have MR's on the street OR on the line.

This is referring to Sheldon Road Plant only..........