Interested in Buying a 2010 Escape---here's a dumb question :)

globe9

I'm interested in purchasing a 2010 Escape XLS with cargo package and Sync add on. I've basically been researching online and have not yet visited a dealership, so I'd like to know if the Escape XLS offers the cool lighting feature I've seen in Ford commercials(cupholders light up blue or some other color, as well as under the dash where feet would go, etc.) Not sure what this feature is called, but I think it's really cool and I'm afraid only the Escape Limited offers this feature. I think it's cool, but it wouldn't be worth it to spend an extra $5k for just that.

Also, when would be the best time to buy this suv? I was going to wait until summer to get a good deal since the 2011's should be out by then right? Is this a good idea? A co-worker got a 2009 Escape XLT with moonroof, V6, etc last June for right around 19k.....I'm hoping for a deal similar to that or close to it. I also have the x plan available to me through my job.

Any help, advice would be greatly appreciated. I don't make a lot of money and need a new car and really like the Escape. So any tips for dealing with the salesperson, getting a good deal, etc would really help. Thanks!

I'm interested in purchasing a 2010 Escape XLS with cargo package and Sync add on. I've basically been researching online and have not yet visited a dealership, so I'd like to know if the Escape XLS offers the cool lighting feature I've seen in Ford commercials(cupholders light up blue or some other color, as well as under the dash where feet would go, etc.) Not sure what this feature is called, but I think it's really cool and I'm afraid only the Escape Limited offers this feature. I think it's cool, but it wouldn't be worth it to spend an extra $5k for just that.

Also, when would be the best time to buy this suv? I was going to wait until summer to get a good deal since the 2011's should be out by then right? Is this a good idea? A co-worker got a 2009 Escape XLT with moonroof, V6, etc last June for right around 19k.....I'm hoping for a deal similar to that or close to it. I also have the x plan available to me through my job.

Any help, advice would be greatly appreciated. I don't make a lot of money and need a new car and really like the Escape. So any tips for dealing with the salesperson, getting a good deal, etc would really help. Thanks!

You are referring to "ambient lighting" and it is an option. You can also have your dealer add it for about 450.00 after the sale, even though it's like a 150.00 option installed on the factory. I don;t know the best time to buy one. They are selling well now so you may have to shop for a deal. Good luck.

I am thinking that the best time to buy one would be in the Spring/Summer time...that's what I'm hoping for. Right now, in my area, there's a combined $2,500 rebate or special financing plus $500 or something like that. Anyway, I'm hoping the incentives go up a bit more later. Of course, if you were to wait until the 2011 models arrive, the incentive MAY be a bit more, but not necessarily.

As far as pricing goes, since you said that you have the X-Plan option, you have two options. First, and this is best if you really don't like to negotiate, the X-Plan is the simpler way to go since that price is stated right on the invoice and can't be negotiated. Second option is to negotiate at invoice price. That is the usual price I go with. When you compare the two methods, there may be a few hundred dollars difference between the two. However, the difference could go either way depending on the vehicle and the options. I would suggest, when you're ready to buy and a vehicle is already in stock, that you go in and just be straight forward and say that you'd like to see the invoice for the vehicle so you could compare the more beneficial pricing. A lot of times, they should not have an issue with that if they know that you are serious.

Either way, the best deal is the one that you are happy/satisfied with.

Good luck! Post any other questions, folks here normally are happy to help.

Edited by exrub

You are referring to "ambient lighting" and it is an option. You can also have your dealer add it for about 450.00 after the sale, even though it's like a 150.00 option installed on the factory. I don;t know the best time to buy one. They are selling well now so you may have to shop for a deal. Good luck.

Sorry, globe9!

I just checked to see if the Ambient Lighting was a factory option on an Escape XLS. Unfortunately, it is not. The dealer would be able to install it, though, as FordPaul stated.

I do not recommend that you buy an Escape - or any other Ford product, for that matter. My experience with my 2006 FEH, and the Ford Motor Company, has been less than positive - $7000 in repair bills 38 months and 65,000 miles into ownership to replace the engine.

Ford should warrant the major drivetrain for at least 5 years and 100,000 miles. Heck - even General Motors is doing this. Because of my experience with this vehicle and this company, I do not expect to replace my Escape with another Ford product.

Does anyone want to buy a restored 1965 Ford Mustang 2+2 (Fastback)? 289 4V ("A" Code), 4 speed, Rangoon Red with black interior. Sharp!

I do not recommend that you buy an Escape - or any other Ford product, for that matter. My experience with my 2006 FEH, and the Ford Motor Company, has been less than positive - $7000 in repair bills 38 months and 65,000 miles into ownership to replace the engine.

Ford should warrant the major drivetrain for at least 5 years and 100,000 miles. Heck - even General Motors is doing this. Because of my experience with this vehicle and this company, I do not expect to replace my Escape with another Ford product.

Does anyone want to buy a restored 1965 Ford Mustang 2+2 (Fastback)? 289 4V ("A" Code), 4 speed, Rangoon Red with black interior. Sharp!

Did Jiffy Lube pay for your repair after servicing your vehicle with 5w-30 when the manual states 5w-20?