Rattle in 06 Fusion

partsisparts

I have an 06 Fusion SEL V6 with 58000 miles. Last week it developed a rattle in the front end. It sounds like it is in the suspension on the left side.Low speed or highway speed. The problem is it comes and goes. I have brought it to my dealer and they cannot get the noise to happen. Yesterday while driving it was real bad on my way to my destination. I let the car sit for 2 hours and on my way home it was gone. The dealer says everything is tight under the front end. Does anyone else have this problem? Does anyone know of any TSBs? I looked but did not see any. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by partsisparts

I have an 06 Fusion SEL V6 with 58000 miles. Last week it developed a rattle in the front end. It sounds like it is in the suspension on the left side.Low speed or highway speed. The problem is it comes and goes. I have brought it to my dealer and they cannot get the noise to happen. Yesterday while driving it was real bad on my way to my destination. I let the car sit for 2 hours and on my way home it was gone. The dealer says everything is tight under the front end. Does anyone else have this problem? Does anyone know of any TSBs? I looked but did not see any. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Is the rattle dependent upon the engine speed and weather conditions at all (worse when cold or revs between 1200-1700 rpm)? I have an 06 Fusion that didn't have proper insulation around the fuel line and it would rattle when the engine loafed.

It really puzzled the techs around here for months, and they even tried replacing the shields on the CATs for me under warranty but it didn't fix the issue. I kept telling them there was a TSB out there for it and finally they fixed it. Not sure if that would be related to what you're running into, but this is very weather dependent. If it's not cold out, it's probably not this issue. Just a thought.

Probably isn't this though ... don't think that's where the fuel line runs although I admit I can't recall right now.

Edited by SVT_MAN

• 2 weeks later...

When it rattles, can you feel it in the steering? Any clunking or loose sensation? Mine didn't rattle but I had a noise and a loose feeling. It was the rack and pinion and it took 4 dealers to find it.

No I don't, it sounds like the L/S control arm is going to fall out. Dealer said everything looks fine.