DTP Good Friday

flint

ok...we're being told we are working Good Friday, so we can have Sunday off as our holiday-fine. BUT, labor tells us that in order to recieve holiday pay for "Friday" we must work the day before and after. Well, if "Friday" is our holiday, then why are we not getting our triple to work it?? NOW-if Sunday is our holiday, then why are we being told we have to work the day before and after Friday.

Its either one way or the other-u cant hold us to 2 diff. standards. So--whats the rest of C-Crew's take on this??

ok...we're being told we are working Good Friday, so we can have Sunday off as our holiday-fine. BUT, labor tells us that in order to recieve holiday pay for "Friday" we must work the day before and after. Well, if "Friday" is our holiday, then why are we not getting our triple to work it?? NOW-if Sunday is our holiday, then why are we being told we have to work the day before and after Friday.

Its either one way or the other-u cant hold us to 2 diff. standards. So--whats the rest of C-Crew's take on this??

Kansas City is off Good Friday, and working Easter Sunday. Same start time as usual. We were supposed to work Good Friday, and have Easter off, but there was an uproar about working on a holiday. The company is supplementing the people who say that they are not coming to work on Easter with B-Crew employees.

C crew at Woodhaven stamping is working Good Friday, with Sunday off.

Just so all you smart people know Easter sunday is not a ford-UAW contractual holiday so traditionally the UAW has traded Easter sunday for Good friday so you dont have to work on easter and spend time with your family

Just so all you smart people know Easter sunday is not a ford-UAW contractual holiday so traditionally the UAW has traded Easter sunday for Good friday so you dont have to work on easter and spend time with your family

Just so you know, the C crew schedule is days on Friday and Saturday, and afternoons on Sunday and Monday. If they had Friday off as a paid holiday, then they would have to work on Easter Sunday. They switched the days around so nobody would have to work on Easter Sunday.

I have been at dtp 3 years now...it has always been this way on easter weekend...every time we get new people who havent expirienced this yet all hell breaks loose...im so tired of listening to people at work crying bout this...its c crew..thats why you get midnight premium all week to work the shift

• Like 1

I have been at dtp 3 years now...it has always been this way on easter weekend...every time we get new people who havent expirienced this yet all hell breaks loose...im so tired of listening to people at work crying bout this...its c crew..thats why you get midnight premium all week to work the shift

I agree, but it also allows DTP to do shift bumps without having to pay short workweek for those going to days from C-crew.

I agree, but it also allows DTP to do shift bumps without having to pay short workweek for those going to days from C-crew.

I thought I made it plain. Its nothing to do with wanting to awol-its the company wanting to hold us to two diff. "holidays" -- Good Friday and Easter Sunday. If u dont wanna pay triple time on Friday for working us on a holiday, then make it correct-u must work saturday before Easter Sunday in order to get holiday pay. If u want to label Friday as holiday, then u cant bring people in and not pay according to contracts. I bet if DTP brings people from A or B crew in on Friday-they'll get the double time-right?

• Like 1

I thought I made it plain. Its nothing to do with wanting to awol-its the company wanting to hold us to two diff. "holidays" -- Good Friday and Easter Sunday. If u dont wanna pay triple time on Friday for working us on a holiday, then make it correct-u must work saturday before Easter Sunday in order to get holiday pay. If u want to label Friday as holiday, then u cant bring people in and not pay according to contracts. I bet if DTP brings people from A or B crew in on Friday-they'll get the double time-right?

No, it will be triple time! You have to throw in their holiday pay too. Call me a crybaby you A & B crew stiffs, but I sure will be mad as hell when I am getting straight time on Good Friday & working right next to you making triple time.

• Like 1

i would hope that this is something that will be renegotiated next contract....It wouldnt be that bad if we still had monday off...work friday sat and then sunday monday off...i could live with that

What you can live with means NOTHING to the rest of US.

That has become ABUNDANTLY clear.

Step off.

What you can live with means NOTHING to the rest of US.

That has become ABUNDANTLY clear.

Step off.

AAAAAh did your feelings get hurt truffle...you act like some bratty little third grader who got told he cant have anymore candy...sorry if everyone doesnt adhere to your opinions and way of thinking..."step off"?....should people only post on here who are anti company/salaried like you??