Supervisor Fired At Livonia

OldFordJim

That's what I heard last night. He was fired personally by the plant manager. I guess he came over from the 4 spd trans job to the new 6 spd job, on the case line. The supervisors on the 4 spd are more interested in getting the number than making sure a good product comes off the assy line. As most of them say, we'll worry about the quality later. I guess yesterday, the case line wasn't producing cases for the main line fast enough or something, not sure what but, they've just installed new machinery to lighten the load but, it's just not quite ready yet to put out parts. Well this foreman, went over, started up it all up himself and ran cases through it and sent them to assy. They used them but, gee whiz, when they were scanned, they were rejected as not being ready for production. They were junk. Plant manager heard about it, came down and fired the foreman on the spot. Then he said, this stuff will not be tolerated and that if anyone else wants to do similar acts, they will be dealt with. I've also heard that this type of action by that foreman is beginning to spread throughout the 6 spd job area. That those supervisors from 4 spd who are used to doing things the old way, are coming in there and messing things up with their quantity over quality attitude and that the quality on the 6 spd is starting to suffer from it.

• Like 2

That's what I heard last night. He was fired personally by the plant manager. I guess he came over from the 4 spd trans job to the new 6 spd job, on the case line. The supervisors on the 4 spd are more interested in getting the number than making sure a good product comes off the assy line. As most of them say, we'll worry about the quality later. I guess yesterday, the case line wasn't producing cases for the main line fast enough or something, not sure what but, they've just installed new machinery to lighten the load but, it's just not quite ready yet to put out parts. Well this foreman, went over, started up it all up himself and ran cases through it and sent them to assy. They used them but, gee whiz, when they were scanned, they were rejected as not being ready for production. They were junk. Plant manager heard about it, came down and fired the foreman on the spot. Then he said, this stuff will not be tolerated and that if anyone else wants to do similar acts, they will be dealt with. I've also heard that this type of action by that foreman is beginning to spread throughout the 6 spd job area. That those supervisors from 4 spd who are used to doing things the old way, are coming in there and messing things up with their quantity over quality attitude and that the quality on the 6 spd is starting to suffer from it.

Who was it? I find it hard to believe someone would go over to the new case area and start up something that wasnt certified to run parts.

I do agree on the "run that shit until its caught" mentality. Thats all 4R does. Ask any of the temp supervisors that came from another plant what they think of Livonia. Its not good.

• Like 1

We have not been able to verify this story. No one knows any salaried person fired on afternoons. Who was this guy?
  • Like 1

We have not been able to verify this story. No one knows any salaried person fired on afternoons. Who was this guy?
  • Like 1

Need a name please. we here at the plant cant verify this story.

Need a name please. we here at the plant cant verify this story.

I will try to find out who. It was told to me by someone I know who works at the plant. He was probably told this by someone else. I thought he told me the name but, I don't remember. If it's a false story or was just a rumor going around, then I will admit I was wrong. The person who told me works afternoons and I thought he said it happened either on days or afternoons.

• Like 1

Ok, I just talked to the person who told me and he said that is what he was told when he came to work the other day. A couple of his co-workers told him that a supervisor, whose name they never mentioned, was fired. He doesn't know if it was true or not, just that this is what he was told. That the supervisor on the 6R case line, went over to the a new case line and saw some test cases that the engineers use on the new machinery and either ran them on the new case line or just sent them to final assy and that when they were scanned, they were rejected as not ready for use or something. And that the plant manager fired him over it or gave him time off and said that nonsense had to stop. I guess that sort of thing happens with other parts, also. Like I said, the name of the supervisor was never given.

So, if the story can't be verified by you guys, then maybe it didn't happen and if it's just a story or rumor, then I apologize for posting it.

• Like 1

Ok, found out a little bit more. My contact at the plant called me and told me there is still talk going on but, that the supervisor in question may not have been fired but, may have been reprimanded in some way, maybe time off. And that test cases were sent to assy and it happened on days and that the plant manager did say that if it happened again, someone would be fired. My contact also said that no name has been mentioned by anybody, that it's kind of hush hush. So, 182 or Triumph 7, have you heard anything? Also, feel free to PM me if you want to. Kind of like to know who you guys are. Maybe I know you since, I worked at Livonia myself for many years, though, I've been gone for almost 10, now.

Ok, found out a little bit more. My contact at the plant called me and told me there is still talk going on but, that the supervisor in question may not have been fired but, may have been reprimanded in some way, maybe time off. And that test cases were sent to assy and it happened on days and that the plant manager did say that if it happened again, someone would be fired. My contact also said that no name has been mentioned by anybody, that it's kind of hush hush. So, 182 or Triumph 7, have you heard anything? Also, feel free to PM me if you want to. Kind of like to know who you guys are. Maybe I know you since, I worked at Livonia myself for many years, though, I've been gone for almost 10, now.

Thanks for wasting everyones time asshole..you dont even work there...why dont you tell us some more bullshit you heard..NOT

• Like 1

Thanks for wasting everyones time asshole..you dont even work there...why dont you tell us some more bullshit you heard..NOT

So what's it to you, shit for brains. I worked there longer than you ever will. That is, if you do. And I still know alot of people who do work there so, I get info all the time about the goings on at the plant. Dimwit!

• Like 2

So what's it to you, shit for brains. I worked there longer than you ever will. That is, if you do. And I still know alot of people who do work there so, I get info all the time about the goings on at the plant. Dimwit!

You are calling ME a dimwit??? thats laughable considering you just made a complete ass of yourself telling some story you heard 3rd or fourth hand..havent you worked on the floor long enough to know how rumors spin out of control and get exaggerated from person to person?...stop trying to be some investigative reporter whon is gonna break the latest big story to his audience. Obviously as has been proven today your sources SUCK

You are calling ME a dimwit??? thats laughable considering you just made a complete ass of yourself telling some story you heard 3rd or fourth hand..havent you worked on the floor long enough to know how rumors spin out of control and get exaggerated from person to person?...stop trying to be some investigative reporter whon is gonna break the latest big story to his audience. Obviously as has been proven today your sources SUCK

Hmmm, all the other crap that gets posted on here and you get all worked up over what I posted. What a schmuck. What, did you find a hidden 50 gallon drum of Tri-Chlor from 30 yrs ago somewhere and you've been adding it to your coffee? I talked to my source and he said, it does not appear that anybody was fired BUT, he says the other stuff, parts being sent to the main line that had no business being sent did happen and what the plant manager said about what would happen if it did happen again was true. You see bright eyes, my source works in that area. Not the case line but, very close and he knows what goes on in that area. As for you, Twinkie The Kid, you probably don't even work there so, you know nothing of what goes on there. Oh,and the cute little photo you have in your profile, tell me, are you the one taking the crap or the one receiving it. Not that it matters any. Now I see why you call yourself Messy Marvin.

• Like 1

Hmmm, all the other crap that gets posted on here and you get all worked up over what I posted. What a schmuck. What, did you find a hidden 50 gallon drum of Tri-Chlor from 30 yrs ago somewhere and you've been adding it to your coffee? I talked to my source and he said, it does not appear that anybody was fired BUT, he says the other stuff, parts being sent to the main line that had no business being sent did happen and what the plant manager said about what would happen if it did happen again was true. You see bright eyes, my source works in that area. Not the case line but, very close and he knows what goes on in that area. As for you, Twinkie The Kid, you probably don't even work there so, you know nothing of what goes on there. Oh,and the cute little photo you have in your profile, tell me, are you the one taking the crap or the one receiving it. Not that it matters any. Now I see why you call yourself Messy Marvin.

cmon old fella your retired..why do you care what goes on down on the factory floor anymore?? Why dont you go play bingo or shuffleboard with all the other retirees...or get a part time job..sounds like your bored

cmon old fella your retired..why do you care what goes on down on the factory floor anymore?? Why dont you go play bingo or shuffleboard with all the other retirees...or get a part time job..sounds like your bored

Bingo! Shuffleboard! Are you nuts or something? I'd rather be bored than play that shit. As far as caring as to what happens there, I guess when you work someplace for 35 1/2 yrs, you still like to hear what's going on and such. I care what happens to company because it affects me and many others, including family that still work for the company. And I care about what happens to our union and the membership and what the future may bring.

• Like 2

Bingo! Shuffleboard! Are you nuts or something? I'd rather be bored than play that shit. As far as caring as to what happens there, I guess when you work someplace for 35 1/2 yrs, you still like to hear what's going on and such. I care what happens to company because it affects me and many others, including family that still work for the company. And I care about what happens to our union and the membership and what the future may bring.

Thanks for caring sir... why did you retire if you loved it so much?

Thanks for caring sir... why did you retire if you loved it so much?

I ended up with cancer 10 yrs ago. Had surgery and that took care of that. I don't know where it came from. Could've been from exposure to some of the chemicals they use at the plant, who knows. My wife and I decided that it was time for me to go. I was planning on retiring when I hit 40 yrs and I still could've worked till then. Just decided that maybe it was best to go out then, than later. No regrets but, as I said in my earlier post, I still like to keep up on goings on in the plant. After all, I literally spent more than half my life in there. You would be surprised at how many retirees still like to know what's going on in there or for that matter, other retirees from other plants.