Blue Cross Blue Shield MI

lanky007

I'm retired from Norfolk Assembly and have had to move to BCBS of MI...no longer have a choice for an HMO. My out of pocket expenses have skyrocketed and my coverage is no where near as compleat. I is unbelievable to me that the UAW is treating the folk who worked in the states from which Ford has fled in such a shameful manner. If you are enjoying your HMO please know what a n awsome program it is. The plant closure has affected my life on every level but this one has been one of the harder one. I was lucky enough to be able to retire with benefits but oh how I wish i could have kept my HMO. The stress of the plant closure has wrought havoc on my family. I have an entire family who needs counseling....kids...and my wife and I. No coverage by BCBS. No annual physical...no annual gyno exam....no electrocariogram....all of those nice blood tests to find out how your health is doing?,,,not covered. Has anyone found a better way? Way are we being treated like red headed step children by the UAW? I was always a believer in unions being founded ont he principal that we should all be treated equally.

What a sense of dissapointment I feel in my union of which I was a true blue member for over 39 years. What a sense of abandonment I feel.

• Like 1

I'm retired from Norfolk Assembly and have had to move to BCBS of MI...no longer have a choice for an HMO. My out of pocket expenses have skyrocketed and my coverage is no where near as compleat. I is unbelievable to me that the UAW is treating the folk who worked in the states from which Ford has fled in such a shameful manner. If you are enjoying your HMO please know what a n awsome program it is. The plant closure has affected my life on every level but this one has been one of the harder one. I was lucky enough to be able to retire with benefits but oh how I wish i could have kept my HMO. The stress of the plant closure has wrought havoc on my family. I have an entire family who needs counseling....kids...and my wife and I. No coverage by BCBS. No annual physical...no annual gyno exam....no electrocariogram....all of those nice blood tests to find out how your health is doing?,,,not covered. Has anyone found a better way? Way are we being treated like red headed step children by the UAW? I was always a believer in unions being founded ont he principal that we should all be treated equally.

What a sense of dissapointment I feel in my union of which I was a true blue member for over 39 years. What a sense of abandonment I feel.

Couldn't agree more., it is total BS the way the retiree's have been treated. The sad part is the region 5 headquarters is only about 1/2 mile from the plant I worked at, that closed. (SLAP) I bet the union officials in the region 5 headquarters have an HMO to chose from.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Check out the mailing you will be receiving in the early part of November. This may help you decide on another medical plan instead of the TCN.Can't wait till then? check out the retirees health care connect web page. I agree it is shameful the way The UAW has treated their retirees. Everything is a copay or you have to meet a deductible. We live on a FiXED income, one illness or surgery and suddenly we are faced with thousand of dollars in copays ,deductibles and doctor visits. Our medical costs keep going up but our pensions sure won't!!!

• Like 2

Check out the mailing you will be receiving in the early part of November. This may help you decide on another medical plan instead of the TCN.Can't wait till then? check out the retirees health care connect web page. I agree it is shameful the way The UAW has treated their retirees. Everything is a copay or you have to meet a deductible. We live on a FiXED income, one illness or surgery and suddenly we are faced with thousand of dollars in copays ,deductibles and doctor visits. Our medical costs keep going up but our pensions sure won't!!!

One more thing... as part of the health care reform act that was passed in 2010 we have a program called ERRP (early retiree reinsurance program) that stays in effect till 2014. If you get a chance read it. When you have tell me why our medical program is so messed up? A good website is www.errp.gov/ Well time to put my soap box away.