49 state cars for 2012???

DUCKRACER

Can anyone in the know tell me if California will only get vehicles with higher restrictive emissions equipment for 2012 MY cars and trucks???

At least some Ford cars for 2011 (e.g. Fiesta, Mustang) have 50-state emissions, according to information on the EPA fuel economy web site. I don't see why it would be different for 2012. However, some (e.g. Flex FWD) do have different emissions for CARB and non-CARB states.

At least some Ford cars for 2011 (e.g. Fiesta, Mustang) have 50-state emissions, according to information on the EPA fuel economy web site. I don't see why it would be different for 2012. However, some (e.g. Flex FWD) do have different emissions for CARB and non-CARB states.

Thanks. I haven't a clue as to how to navigate that website, but I did see that NOW is the time to buy an SD!!!

Note that in cases where the vehicle's engine and emissions equipment are the same (certified for 50 states), the emissions warranty in CARB and non-CARB states may be different. The CARB state emissions warranty is typically slightly shorter, but covers more stuff.

• 2 weeks later...

California has had tougher emission standards since 1961. You do realize that CA standards are required in CA, CT, MA, ME, NJ, NY, OR, PA, RI, VT and WA. It's optional in AZ, CO, DE, ID, NH, NV, OH, OK, TX, UT, VA and WV.

No I did not realize that. It is the info I am seeking, though. Too bad I don't have property in AZ.

I just realized that most of the optional states are red states.

Edited by DUCKRACER