Some MKX suggestions

richy

I have now had my MKX for 2 weeks. I love it. I have had no issues whatsoever with Sync or pairing the iphone or anything. There are 2 small related sync improvements I would like to see implemented that I also believe are safety items. In addition, there is a design improvement I would like to see.

First for the software. I have found driving in Winter that I adjust the heated wheel (it's awesome how quickly it warms up and how hot it gets!) as well as adjust the heated seats. To do this, one MUST do it through the touch screen. It's a safety issue. You must first place your finger close to the button, look back at the road; then push the button and look back at the road; and then look again to make sure the tactile push activated the button or not. It would be much safer to have Sync add some commands to its vocabulary to activate or deactivate the heated wheel as well as commands to turn the seat heater on as well as commands to turn it down and off. This should be simple to do you would think based on what it's capable of doing already.

The other issue is how wide the back doors open. I wish they would open wider to accommodate loading kids into their car seats. It is crowded to try to get in there and lean over the seat to do it up. A wider opening would help tremendously.

Again, I love this car and have been recommending it to a lot of people.

While I only have heated seats in my Edge compared to the MKX, I usually find myself adjusting them prior to moving, so it's not too big of a deal, plus they are one of the larger buttons on the home screen, so I haven't found them to be too difficult to reach. It would make a nice addition to Synch though, I agree. The more you can do by voice, the better! :yup:

I think I've only opened the rear doors on my Edge about 5 times since I bought it, so can't really comment on that part. I didn't have any noticable problems putting my all-weather mats in yesterday though. :shrug:

Edited by NickF1011