Lower than past A-plan discount

thrillride3

My wife went to order a new Escape we were shocked how little the A-plan took off a 30k vehicle. My question is does anyone get anything like Destination and Delivery. taken off at the dealership or is the profit margin too small for a dealership to take that off any more?

Dealer is only allowed to tack on a $75 doc. fee, or something like that.

Did the dealership show you the invoice with the A plan proce on it?

From http://www.axz.ford.com/

How do I confirm the AXZ-Plan Price on the vehicle I want to purchase? As an AXZ-Plan participant, you are authorized to see the dealer invoice for the vehicle you intend to purchase. Ask the dealer to show you this invoice and point out the AXZ-Plan price for your review. The A or Z-Plan price is the amount shown in the box labeled "AZ-Plan" near the bottom of the factory invoice. The New Vehicle Purchase Program price includes advertising, finance costs, transportation, dealer preparation and Company administrative fees. The dealership may not charge extra for these items. Click here to see an example of a Ford dealer invoice and where the AZ-Plan price is located on the document. Click here to see an example of a Ford dealer invoice and where the X-Plan price is located on the document.

Can I be charged a "document fee" (doc fee) by my dealer?

Yes. Dealers will be permitted to assess up to$75 (AZ-Plan) or $100 (X-Plan)in documentary fees on each delivery to an eligible purchaser under the terms of the Plan, unless otherwise provided by state or local laws or regulation. Each dealer is responsible for complying with applicable laws or regulations.

• What if I am in a state that allows the dealer to charge more than $75?

Unless otherwise provided by state or local laws or regulation: In states where dealers are not permitted to charge as much as $75 (AZ-Plan) or $100 (X-Plan)for doc fees, dealers would be capped at the lesser amount as provided by the state. In states that permitted more than $75, dealers would be permitted to charge the Plan customer $75 (AZ-Plan) or $100 (X-Plan). In states that permitted more than $75 and also required that all customers be charged the same amount, dealers may charge the Plan customer $75 (AZ-Plan) or $100 (X-Plan) and indicate any additional fees have been paid by Ford Motor Company as part of the AXZD-Plan Program dealer reimbursement on the buyer's order.

• How does this change the $275 administration fee?

There is no change. The $275 administration fee covers costs of managing the New Vehicle Purchase Program.

Can I find Plan prices and incentives before contacting a dealer?

Yes. We provide a number of sources for you to research pricing and incentives on specific vehicles. By going to the "Vehicles & Pricing" tab of www.axz.ford.com, you will see a complete listing of all eligible Ford Motor Company vehicles under the Plan. Click your vehicle of choice and you will be provide several information sources. An "example price" of the displayed vehicle on this page is provided to give you an idea of MSRP and Plan pricing along with the savings you can achieve. You will also have three links at the bottom of this page that provide you detailed information on pricing, incentives and product information. For Ford/Lincoln/Mercury, you will be provided exclusive access to the actual Plan price of vehicles within a dealerships inventory down to a specific VIN. For all other brands, we provide you a pricing sheet that lists the various models, packages and options with the Plan prices. The incentives link for Ford/Lincoln/Mercury vehicles will also provide you most national and regional incentives for your vehicle of choice. Pricing and incentives information is updated regularly. However, due to timing considerations, some information may not reflect the latest status. Please see your dealer for the most current product, pricing and incentives information.