2011 CHMSL Wire: 3rd Brake Light?!

jmmec

I've posted this almost everywhere.. :)

Anyone know where the light-green (CHMSL = center high mount stop lamp) wire is located on a 2011 F150 for wiring the 3rd brake light on a camper shell? Or where was it on the 2009-2010 model years, maybe it is in the same place on the '11s?

I found the following for 2004-08 models, but I just see the wiring harness on the 2011 and no light-green wire:

"The CHMSL wire on 2004-08 F150s is located on the driver's side frame under the front door. If you look under the truck at this location there is a plastic shroud around factory wiring/plugs, on the outside of the frame. At the front portion of the wiring there is the light green CHMSL wire wrapped onto the cluster of wires."

I've posted this almost everywhere.. :)

Anyone know where the light-green (CHMSL = center high mount stop lamp) wire is located on a 2011 F150 for wiring the 3rd brake light on a camper shell? Or where was it on the 2009-2010 model years, maybe it is in the same place on the '11s?

I found the following for 2004-08 models, but I just see the wiring harness on the 2011 and no light-green wire:

"The CHMSL wire on 2004-08 F150s is located on the driver's side frame under the front door. If you look under the truck at this location there is a plastic shroud around factory wiring/plugs, on the outside of the frame. At the front portion of the wiring there is the light green CHMSL wire wrapped onto the cluster of wires."

On my 04 they just tapped into a brake lite wire at the back by the tail light on driver side, for the inside light they ran a wire all the way up to the battery and put an in line fuse on it and connected to battery....

On my 04 they just tapped into a brake lite wire at the back by the tail light on driver side, for the inside light they ran a wire all the way up to the battery and put an in line fuse on it and connected to battery....

Yeah, but Ford actually provides a CHMSL wire that they could have also used. But I guess it doesn't really matter. :) I

I figured out where the wire is on the 2011 F150 and described it at the link below.

http://www.f150forum.com/f38/2011-chmsl-wire-3rd-brake-light-83548/

Yeah, but Ford actually provides a CHMSL wire that they could have also used. But I guess it doesn't really matter. :) I

I figured out where the wire is on the 2011 F150 and described it at the link below.

http://www.f150forum.com/f38/2011-chmsl-wire-3rd-brake-light-83548/

Great info wish I had it about 6 yrs ago, so sorry I can't send $10 now :hyper: