Factory Tires

croplanman

I have bought two new f-150s and just order another in jan. Every truck i have gets the p rating tires and they fail around 25000 miles. Why won't ford let you order the LT tires without the off road package?

double chack and confirm with the dealer. I believe most models allow you to order the LT tires without the Offroad package (may require the towing package). Also some dealers with provide a credit on your P tires towards aftermarket tires. Good luck.

As Bajabobby said, check with the dealer and the ford site as I know there are additional tire options on certain trim levels and your dealer might even swap tires on arrival.

Should the LT tires come standard on an FX4? I have an new 2011 SCREW FX4 on order and am expecting the LT tires on them. But I've read on other posts that people are getting the p rating tires on them. Hopefully it will come with the LT tires. If not, I am assuming the dealer will swap the tires on arrival.

Should the LT tires come standard on an FX4? I have an new 2011 SCREW FX4 on order and am expecting the LT tires on them. But I've read on other posts that people are getting the p rating tires on them. Hopefully it will come with the LT tires. If not, I am assuming the dealer will swap the tires on arrival.

No. The standard tires on the FX4 are the P rated tires. The LT tires are an upgrade, option code: T8C and if I remember correctly $275.

• 4 weeks later...

I have bought two new f-150s and just order another in jan. Every truck i have gets the p rating tires and they fail around 25000 miles. Why won't ford let you order the LT tires without the off road package?

Same situation here. XLT screw with max tow package could not order LT rated tires without off-road package. Will likely be swapping the P rated tires shortly after purchase.

Does anyone have a 2011 with the LT tire. Are they still the Wranglers?? Do you tihink it is worth it to select this oprtion or simply get the P rateds and go for aftermarket LT tires? Thank you.

I ordered the LT's on my FX4. Yes they are still the Wranglers. They are damn good looking tire in my opinion! I have never had them on a vehicle before so I can't speak for their durability but so far I really like them. I think it's worth the upgrade price personally. You will be spending a LOT more then the $275 on aftermarket tires. I know I will be upgrading wheels & tires next year and I think for the price it's worth it for the interim. Much better then the P tires for a truck in my opinion.

I ordered the LT's on my FX4. Yes they are still the Wranglers. They are damn good looking tire in my opinion! I have never had them on a vehicle before so I can't speak for their durability but so far I really like them. I think it's worth the upgrade price personally. You will be spending a LOT more then the $275 on aftermarket tires. I know I will be upgrading wheels & tires next year and I think for the price it's worth it for the interim. Much better then the P tires for a truck in my opinion.

BIGDKC,

Thats what I hoped to hear. Plus they are better for towing and off-road. Thank you.

three NEW F-150's???

Are you afraid that BO will outlaw trucks and make us all drive smart cars???

i am.

• 2 weeks later...

Alot of people are really upset with the tires that come standard on the trucks!!! I am interested to see just how bad these things really end up being!

Edited by Reddragon