2011 Fx4 Ecoboost

12secrd

Quick Review of my new 2011 F-150. FX4

Ecoboost motor is SUPER quiet. Good power and very smooth.

Transmission is the best part of the truck. 2nd-1st Gear down shift is a lot better then 2009's. Select shift is a fantastic option and works flawlessly.

90% of driving so far has been city driving. The turbo's work so great along with the 3.73 gears the transmission likes to use 4th and 5th gear even going up hills. Speed around 50-60 Km/h.

Gas mileage is around 17-19L/Per 100 KM. Dash calculated

Noticed small puff of Black smoke/aka to much fuel when first getting into boost from start. I only noticed this twice in the first day of driving the truck. Not sure if the ECM has correct the problem or not but I have not noticed since.

Dash is lay out is great and looks nice at night.

Tires: Good Year Wrangler P 276/65/18 SRA. These are not a A/T tire like the window sticker shows and are GARBAGE in the snow. Also seem very soft. F-150 should come standard with LT tires.

That's all for now.

Edited by 12secrd

Transmission is the best part of the truck. 2nd-1st Gear down shift is a lot better then 2009's. Select shift is a fantastic option and works flawlessly.

90% of driving so far has been city driving. The turbo's work so great along with the 3.73 gears the transmission likes to use 4th and 5th gear even going up hills. Speed around 50-60 Km/h.

Noticed small puff of Black smoke/aka to much fuel when first getting into boost from start. I only noticed this twice in the first day of driving the truck. Not sure if the ECM has correct the problem or not but I have not noticed since.

Tires: Good Year Wrangler P 276/65/18 SRA. These are not a A/T tire like the window sticker shows and are GARBAGE in the snow. Also seem very soft. F-150 should come standard with LT tires.

That's all for now.

Awesome to hear! I'm patiently waiting for my FX4 to be built. Why would you not get the A/T tires with the FX4?

Awesome to hear! I'm patiently waiting for my FX4 to be built. Why would you not get the A/T tires with the FX4?

That's not what he said. He was saying that the tires that came stock were supposed to be AT tires and were not. He was bummed.

• 2 weeks later...

That's all for now.

How is the truck been treating you since? Any changes as you break it in? I am expecting mine in a few weeks...it cant come soon enough!