Dealer Orders?

1depd

Last month I ordered a SCAB. Since then I figured out the wife and kid can't get along even for short trips in something with more leg room than that truck so I opted to change it to a SCREW. The dealer didn't have any problem with this, since they think the truck I ordered can be sold easily (at least that's what they said). They don't have anything I am interested in sitting on their lot. I started looking around at other dealer's lots, via the Ford website. All I can say is who the hell is ordering these trucks. I'm looking at FX2's and lower optioned Lariats. I live in the deep south and to say it gets hot in the summer is an understatement. About 80% of the trucks on the lots are black, dark blue, or the nice grey. None of those colors are conducive to comfort down here. About 10% are that ugly brown, but have few to no options. The other 10% are optioned through the roof. So my choices are to buy a truck that will fry an egg in the summer, buy an ugly truck that has the few options I want, or buy a nice looking truck with 5-6k in options I don't want. If the pickings don't get better, I'll have to order another truck from another dealer. This one doesn't seem to want to order another one.

Last month I ordered a SCAB. Since then I figured out the wife and kid can't get along even for short trips in something with more leg room than that truck so I opted to change it to a SCREW. The dealer didn't have any problem with this, since they think the truck I ordered can be sold easily (at least that's what they said). They don't have anything I am interested in sitting on their lot. I started looking around at other dealer's lots, via the Ford website. All I can say is who the hell is ordering these trucks. I'm looking at FX2's and lower optioned Lariats. I live in the deep south and to say it gets hot in the summer is an understatement. About 80% of the trucks on the lots are black, dark blue, or the nice grey. None of those colors are conducive to comfort down here. About 10% are that ugly brown, but have few to no options. The other 10% are optioned through the roof. So my choices are to buy a truck that will fry an egg in the summer, buy an ugly truck that has the few options I want, or buy a nice looking truck with 5-6k in options I don't want. If the pickings don't get better, I'll have to order another truck from another dealer. This one doesn't seem to want to order another one.

Another option: Spend a winter up north and learn to like the heat? :hysterical:

• 2 weeks later...