Changing your order

xj650

I have a truck on order and was wondering about changing an option. I have heard that they issue you a new DORA, as I don't believe I have a VIN yet. Will this effect the time on my order, as in putting me at the back of the que again?

Thanks ahead of time for the help.

It is my understanding that you can make changes to the order as long as Ford hasn't "pulled" the order for build. Once the pull the order they assign a VIN and the rest is history, or in the case of most of us... the beginning of a long, anxious wait. I dont believe making changes will put you back at the end of the line as your order is already assigned an order # based on the dealer allocation and priority but you could call your dealer and make sure. If you are adding options they will usually do what they can to make this happen as it is more money for them.

Good Luck!

I placed a order for my truck on 3/12 and made a change on 3/21. Got my vin on 3/23.

I heard you can't make changes after the vin is created.

I can tell you if you get a VIN on 3/21 and the window sticker has a date of 3/23 and you notice the interior color is wrong, your choices are to be ok with the new color or ask dealer to start the order process over. Steel gray is awesome. Steel gray is awesome. Steel gray is awesome.

• 2 weeks later...

I can tell you if you get a VIN on 3/21 and the window sticker has a date of 3/23 and you notice the interior color is wrong, your choices are to be ok with the new color or ask dealer to start the order process over. Steel gray is awesome. Steel gray is awesome. Steel gray is awesome.

Is the dealership going to throw in some accesories since they got the order wrong?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I ordered and tried changing my order after the VIN was created...no go I couldn't get the back-up camera added in time...oh well! Its still going to be a ridiculously nice truck!!! Can't wait!

I just got a vin# but no build date, was thinking about changing the color.