Sony System review

dionysus19

I am actually really impressed with the upgraded sony system. I go the 10 speaker, 6-disc system option in mine (no nav).

After reading up, I pulled the sub out and opened the box and filled it with poly-fill as others have suggested and it did in fact make a pretty noticeable difference. I think for the price paid it sounds really well. I would have liked to have had a mid level control or maybe a separate sub woofer control along side the treble & bass controls to be able to finely tune it a bit better, but overall I am happy.

I like the fact that I won't be pulling apart my dash and truck to run wires etc to install all the aftermarket crap I normally would. I pretty much always install upgraded audio equipment in my vehicles but find no need on this one.

• 5 weeks later...

I am actually really impressed with the upgraded sony system. I go the 10 speaker, 6-disc system option in mine (no nav).

After reading up, I pulled the sub out and opened the box and filled it with poly-fill as others have suggested and it did in fact make a pretty noticeable difference. I think for the price paid it sounds really well. I would have liked to have had a mid level control or maybe a separate sub woofer control along side the treble & bass controls to be able to finely tune it a bit better, but overall I am happy.

I like the fact that I won't be pulling apart my dash and truck to run wires etc to install all the aftermarket crap I normally would. I pretty much always install upgraded audio equipment in my vehicles but find no need on this one.

Any chance that you'd have pictures of the sub opened up? How much stuffing did you use?

Any chance that you'd have pictures of the sub opened up? How much stuffing did you use?

No Sorry, I didn't take any pics.. Not sure on how much, just "enough". I would estimate about a pound and a half or so.

Why did you fill the box?

There is a thread about "how to make your factory sub sound better" or something along those lines on the f150forum.com site. I read through it and decided to give it a try. It makes a noticeable difference!