Skid Plates on 4X4 Lariat.

DUCKRACER

When I use "Build and Price" at Ford's F-150 website I don't see any way to order skid plates from the factory. The only way to get skid plates is to get the Off-Road Pkg. The problem is that I don't want the 3:37 gears that come with the Off-Road Pkg. Since I am not going to haul or carry very much and I want a little better mpg I want the 3:55 limited slip gears.

In September of 2010 someone was kind enough to publish the 26 page "MAJOR PRODUCT CHANGES" and "MAJOR PRODUCT" for the 2011 F-150. At page 13 of this printout under the heading of FUNCTIONAL it showed "Skid Plates" (4X4 only) and noted the order code as "413" and "P-55A"

Does anyone have an idea how to approach this issue when I order my F-150 form my Ford dealer?

Thanks.

Edited by DUCKRACER

When I use "Build and Price" at Ford's F-150 website I don't see any way to order skid plates from the factory. The only way to get skid plates is to get the Off-Road Pkg. The problem is that I don't want the 3:37 gears that come with the Off-Road Pkg. Since I am not going to haul or carry very much and I want a little better mpg I want the 3:55 limited slip gears.

In September of 2010 someone was kind enough to publish the 26 page "MAJOR PRODUCT CHANGES" and "MAJOR PRODUCT" for the 2011 F-150. At page 13 of this printout under the heading of FUNCTIONAL it showed "Skid Plates" (4X4 only) and noted the order code as "413" and "P-55A"

Does anyone have an idea how to approach this issue when I order my F-150 form my Ford dealer?

Thanks.

All I can think of is to ask the dealer to see if it's available in a custom order. I recall seeing that as well in the Major Product Changes publication.

As for mpg with the off-road package, I don't think you'd really see much of a difference in MPG between the 3.73 and 3.55 gears.