The Next Contract

pipebender2

We are soon approaching a time in this country when it will be illegal for all unions to bargain collectively. We as union members need to all stand together and support for the rights of other brothers in sisters in these other unions.

Our Union officials claim to be representing us on a national level , when in truth all they are doing is pushing to give the company an avenue to cut more jobs through combining of work.

It is there wish to up train everybody to be a more skillful work force. A well trained work force is a good thing .

What do you think will happen once everyone is trained to do everything .

We were told by our local bargaining chairman that Uaw /Ford is are sending teams from some of the plants overseas to Spain and Germany to see how the plant across the pond operate. The Goal was stated that we were going to run our machining areas with skilled trades.

As we quickly approach the end of our contract ,let us not be sold out on this idea.

You will here in the next 6 months as we have heard before, that this is the only way to keep our doors open .

Do you really think this is the only way to be competitive.

This sure sound like the last load of crap they tried to feed us.

Ford will use this to cut more jobs ..and that the bottom line .

• Like 3

We are soon approaching a time in this country when it will be illegal for all unions to bargain collectively. We as union members need to all stand together and support for the rights of other brothers in sisters in these other unions.

Our Union officials claim to be representing us on a national level , when in truth all they are doing is pushing to give the company an avenue to cut more jobs through combining of work.

It is there wish to up train everybody to be a more skillful work force. A well trained work force is a good thing .

We were told by our local bargaining chairman that Uaw /Ford is are sending teams from some of the plants overseas to Spain and Germany to see how the plant across the pond operate. The Goal was stated that we were going to run our machining areas with skilled trades.

As we quickly approach the end of our contract ,let us not be sold out on this idea.

You will here in the next 6 months as we have heard before, that this is the only way to keep our doors open .

This post(1st one for this profile) makes no sense whatsoever....Chucky?

• Like 2

You are dead on correct. All the union shills will not understand this.. Great post..

• Like 3

pay cut not jobs cut, but that is just my opinion of what is going to happen, and the carrot will be that we get to keep profit sharing.

• Like 1

Auto bosses, UAW press ahead with “pay-for-performance” scheme

http://www.wsws.org/articles/2011/feb2011/wage-f04.shtml

"...That the UAW is preparing to impose such conditions only underscores that it is no longer an organization of the working class, but a co-partner in exploitation. Auto workers can only begin to defend themselves by breaking with this rotten apparatus and building new organizations of struggle—elected by rank and file workers—to mobilize against the auto companies, their UAW servants, the two corporate-backed political parties and the capitalist system they all defend..."

• Like 2

Auto bosses, UAW press ahead with pay-for-performance scheme

http://www.wsws.org/articles/2011/feb2011/wage-f04.shtml

"...That the UAW is preparing to impose such conditions only underscores that it is no longer an organization of the working class, but a co-partner in exploitation. Auto workers can only begin to defend themselves by breaking with this rotten apparatus and building new organizations of struggleelected by rank and file workersto mobilize against the auto companies, their UAW servants, the two corporate-backed political parties and the capitalist system they all defend..."

Welcome to the table....... Chuckie

Are you a low seniority worker?

Seems you are.......

Well its bargaining season and this is called "bargaining through the press" if you dont have the stomach for it then stay on the porch.

Edited by louie
  • Like 4

As long as we allow State Governor's to remove bargaining rights from workers, the attitude will soon trickle down into the private sector unions later. When the private sector see this can happen, they will try and remove from us such rights as the "right to strike" and other union labor rights which they already tried. This company (Ford) will not be satisfied until the union is further broken. They already know it's broken already and they have the union to where they can't bargain anything for us workers anymore, cause if they had that ability they would have never been able to do the crap they did on us in 2007-2008 with the modifications. It shows that the UAW has no pull or negotiation power anymore and I can't bare to see what comes around this time.

It will take an unrest among the membership to stand outside of the UAW solidarity house to make a huge point, and the point is:

Either do something for us, or shit and get off the pot. We are tired of losing stuff every contract now for the last 10 or more years.

Stuff + $$$ = I got bent over.

Start acting like a UAW!.

Gain people's respect back.

Same rant / different day

Come on Chuckie, you dont have any other material.........

Yawn

• Like 4

Why are you bitching about Chucks post here LOUIS...You are a UAW robot like him who cant think outside of what they tell you politically

Ok Chuckie

You have been so redundant lately, Just would like some new material.....

Hey here's an idea........ Start posting something relevant or something that may be factual

• Like 5

Ok Chuckie

You have been so redundant lately, Just would like some new material.....

Hey here's an idea........ Start posting something relevant or something that may be factual

Im not Chucky and you just get pissed because I blow holes in all your theories..I can tell you have about an 8th grade education when it comes to Political Science. Maybe you shoulda took more than woodshop classes in High School. I KNOW you werent smart enough to go to College as is evident in your posts pea brain

• Like 3

Im not Chucky and you just get pissed because I blow holes in all your theories..I can tell you have about an 8th grade education when it comes to Political Science. Maybe you shoulda took more than woodshop classes in High School. I KNOW you werent smart enough to go to College as is evident in your posts pea brain

nick go away !!!!!!!! you slam your union brother's all the time ... i am pretty sure someone got you your job at ford right out of school you sound like a spoiled a s s s bbbbb

• Like 2

nick go away !!!!!!!! you slam your union brother's all the time ... i am pretty sure someone got you your job at ford right out of school you sound like a spoiled a s s s bbbbb

Why should I go away?? Because my opinion doesnt jive with yours??....Maybe if you put a complete sentence together someday and actually add something to this forum I will listen....Mental midget

• Like 1

Why should I go away?? Because my opinion doesnt jive with yours??....Maybe if you put a complete sentence together someday and actually add something to this forum I will listen....Mental midget

Nick, your hypocrisy is showing badly. To tell someone they don’t add anything to the forum, by of all people YOU whom adds nothing to the forum. Its really pretty funny. The height of self importance that almost all republicans have is astounding. You sir, are living proof of this.

• Like 2

Nick, your hypocrisy is showing badly. To tell someone they don’t add anything to the forum, by of all people YOU whom adds nothing to the forum. Its really pretty funny. The height of self importance that almost all republicans have is astounding. You sir, are living proof of this.

Once again just because I dont spew out the UAW line as far as politics I add nothing? LOL...Thanks Louie or whomever this fake profile is

Once again just because I dont spew out the UAW line as far as politics I add nothing? LOL...Thanks Louie or whomever this fake profile is

Nothing fake about it. This is the only name I have, or will ever use. I stated my opinion, as you state yours. Unfortunatly, you opinion means nothing to most of the posters on this site. If you hate the Union so damn much...QUIT! There are thousands that will gladly take your place. True hypocricy is belonging to an organization, voting in thier elections, and not believing in anything they stand for. That about sums up what everyone on here see's in your posts.

I am betting, that anytime you have a problem at work...you are one of those that go screaming for the union to fix it for you. THAT is total hypocricy.

• Like 3

Nothing fake about it. This is the only name I have, or will ever use. I stated my opinion, as you state yours. Unfortunatly, you opinion means nothing to most of the posters on this site. If you hate the Union so damn much...QUIT! There are thousands that will gladly take your place. True hypocricy is belonging to an organization, voting in thier elections, and not believing in anything they stand for. That about sums up what everyone on here see's in your posts.

I am betting, that anytime you have a problem at work...you are one of those that go screaming for the union to fix it for you. THAT is total hypocricy.

well said

• Like 3

I never have problems at work. I am not anti UAW I just dont vote for who they endorse politically because I wasnt brought up ultra left wing dem... I do occasionally vote democrats who are moderates or centrists. Just because I dont vote what the Union says im antiunion??? Open your mind a little for the opposing viewpoint. You dems on here get so pissed andf angry if someone disagrees with you.That said I am a third generation autoworker who appreciates all the UAW has done for the working man in this country.

• Like 1

I never have problems at work. I am not anti UAW I just dont vote for who they endorse politically because I wasnt brought up ultra left wing dem... I do occasionally vote democrats who are moderates or centrists. Just because I dont vote what the Union says im antiunion??? Open your mind a little for the opposing viewpoint. You dems on here get so pissed andf angry if someone disagrees with you.That said I am a third generation autoworker who appreciates all the UAW has done for the working man in this country.

just like i thought

• Like 1

The union is a cult. The members are brainwashed. I am not a "member" of any other other service that I pay to do a job for me; such as a plumber or a mechanic. Hire a law firm to do the negotiating, and stop all of this worshipping and Kool-Aid drinking. Negotiating a contract and enforcing it is not a political movement. Having untrained "elected" people from our own workforce doing the work that we are paying for, and picking up the slack by having fewer people on the line because of them doing other duties, is a stupid idea. These people are making 100 to 200 grand a year. We could have lawyers for that kind of money. I pay money to a union, but I do not "belong" to the union. It does not own me or my mind.

Edited by Trimdingman