Hello!

pgagoober

Welcome to the forums! I think you'll find, like I did, that the MyFord Touch system was pretty intuitive and didn't take too long to figure out. I think the biggest learning curve is actually with the Sync side of things and remembering all of the voice commands that are available.

Thanks. Good to hear the system is intuitive. I've been reading that it now comes with a 10,000 word speech recogition vocabulary so hopefully that'll help with the voice commands.

The voice recognition can be a bit frustrating at times though. I think there's still some work to be done on expanding the vocabulary. I had issues with it distinguishing the words "road trip" when trying to tell it to play one of my iPod playlists and it kept playing "most recent" instead. :banghead:

Overall though, I love it far more than standard controls. I have a rental right now (unfortunately my Edge was rear-ended a week and a half ago) and all the manual controls make me not want to use them at all.

I know what you mean - it's all too easy to get dependent on voice control if it is available. I first had it on a Honda Accord coupe back in '03 and I loved it. There was something really cool about telling your nav to find the nearest Italian restaurant and off you go :)

Sorry to hear about the Edge - hope she's back together soon!

Hello

I am new to the forum. I ordered a 2011 Explorer Ltd 4wd. towing package etc . on April 8, 2011. My dealer in Paris, TN has not given me any info on the build date yet.

Welcome aboard! Take a look around, post some messages, and then hopefully we can help you track it down!