Does it make a Difference

FX-4

I ordered a truck on March 23rd and I still have not seen a VIN#. It has now been 7 weeks and I know the dealer informed that it could take 8 - 12 weeks for delivery. At the rate we're going I'm thinking it will be all of 12 weeks +. What I wanted to know about is if the truck I ordered was in a company name rather then my name could this create a delay? Wondering if Ford looks at this being a fleet vehicle? I ordered a F150 crew cab FX4 / sterling gray metallic / 20" wheels / FX Luxury package / 5'5" box / running boards / trailer brake / premium sound.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! I contact my dealer every week and they keep telling me change. Also I have a $750 coupon that expires at the end of this month, can I get another one some how?

I ordered a truck on March 23rd and I still have not seen a VIN#. It has now been 7 weeks and I know the dealer informed that it could take 8 - 12 weeks for delivery. At the rate we're going I'm thinking it will be all of 12 weeks +. What I wanted to know about is if the truck I ordered was in a company name rather then my name could this create a delay? Wondering if Ford looks at this being a fleet vehicle? I ordered a F150 crew cab FX4 / sterling gray metallic / 20" wheels / FX Luxury package / 5'5" box / running boards / trailer brake / premium sound.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! I contact my dealer every week and they keep telling me change. Also I have a $750 coupon that expires at the end of this month, can I get another one some how?

i'm sorry to here u are having to wait this long for your new truck did your dealer give you a copy of your order

Edited by winterfrost

i'm sorry to here u are having to wait this long for your new truck did your dealer give you a copy of your order

Two things come to mind here: #1, this particular dealer may not sell many trucks so they have to wait their turn behind the large-volume truck dealers to get their orders processed. #2, they did not place a high enough priority on your order...the highest (actually lowest numerically) priority a dealer can assign is a 10. When the dealership gets a build opening, their orders are filled by the factory according to the priority placed on the orders. So, lets say that your dealership assigned a priority of 15 to your order, and they have twenty-five other orders with lower priorities. If their monthly qouta is fifteen trucks, the fifteen orders with the lowest priority numbers will be accepted and the higher ones carry over to the next period. You might want to ask about the order priority and when the dealership's next allotment occurs.

No I have not but I have been tracking Thanks in part to guy on here that looks up your order. It was ordered March 23rd.

have you called your dealer i would chew his ass out here is the number to customer care 800-392-ford

hope this helps

I have called the dealer. In fact I call them once a week. They keep telling me "nope - no update yet - we'll let ya know when we here something". I must have ordered something that is causing a delay/ Wonder what option it is??

I have called the dealer. In fact I call them once a week. They keep telling me "nope - no update yet - we'll let ya know when we here something". I must have ordered something that is causing a delay/ Wonder what option it is??

i hope you here something so, i would be going nuts by know :banghead:

You say you ordered the premium sound system. Is that with navigation? The nav units are held up because of parts shortages from Japan.

No it does not have navigation, just the upgraded sound system I think it has better speakers and a sub

No it does not have navigation, just the upgraded sound system I think it has better speakers and a sub

[/quo

any thing new on your truck? mine was suppose to be built monday now its today some one said it could be tires or wheels they are waitting for as

Edited by winterfrost