Fiesta Rear Seats - make them fold flat!

dartanian

The main competitor to the Ford Fiesta is the Honda Fit. They call their back seat 'Magic' because it folds down flat, flips up and is able to disappear completely out of the way. The headrests don't need to be removed either, just pushed down on the seat. It is magic. And like nothing that's ever been done before. It is now the standard to which all back seats in a hatchback will be held to.

The back seat in the Ford Fiesta, isn't magic. It isn't even regular, or normal. Pathetic might be the right word to describe it. It is a waste of space. The Fiesta seats don't even have to be 'magic' - we know how long it takes to catch up to the Japanese in this industry, or maybe the floor design would never allow it, but to not have them at least fold flat like the new Focus is nothing short of criminal. It is an oversight of the greatest magnitude AND as Ford store sales people are want to say "What were they thinking?"

Indeed.

Please FIX THESE.

Edited by dartanian

While I wouldn't call this issue a deal killer, it is pretty sad. The Toyota Yaris that I have right now has seats that fold flat without headrest removal too, so seeing Ford not offer this was a bit of a surprise.

I guess it's how you use your vehicle. I carry major stuff in the back.

There is really no way to defend it either. I'd just like to know who in the product development team signed off on this mess given the competition. If by chance he reads this, sir, you fked up royally. (Probably the same guys that decided to make the Flex a 17 mpg behemoth when the world is crying out for a size more in line with the Fiesta and gas mileage of about 30mpg city.)