Vehicle Delivery

FX-4

Once the vehicle is built - how long does it take to get on the Truck Hauler and delivered to the dealership? My truck was suppose to be built on June 3rd. I live in Michigan and was curious to know how often vehicles get picked up?

Anybody know?

Once the vehicle is built - how long does it take to get on the Truck Hauler and delivered to the dealership? My truck was suppose to be built on June 3rd. I live in Michigan and was curious to know how often vehicles get picked up?

Anybody know?

I'd say, about a week or so. Depends if it has to go to Crown or not . Crown is where they install DVD players in the seats and install a few other things that ford decided to contract out. They have usually setup shop near ford plants. That would add 1 to 3 days.

Lately they been having problems with the trucking outfit that delivers it's cars to dealers. Strike or contract issues, i believe. There seems to be a backlog in delivering F150's.

If you give me you're VIN, i can check on it later in the day.

Edited by Pete

I'd say, about a week or so. Depends if it has to go to Crown or not . Crown is where they install DVD players in the seats and install a few other things that ford decided to contract out. They have usually setup shop near ford plants. That would add 1 to 3 days.

Lately they been having problems with the trucking outfit that delivers it's cars to dealers. Strike or contract issues, i believe. There seems to be a backlog in delivering F150's.

That would be VERY COOL!! THANKS!!

VIN# 1FTFW1EF4BFB96469

Does anyone know if the window sticker information ever changes once the vehicle is built?

I viewed my sticker as soon as it was available. At the bottom there is empty boxes for shipping info.

Jim

SOLD TO / SHIP TO / SHIP THROUGH info will only show on the real sticker

Edited by Pete

My VIN is 1FTFW1EF1BFB67351. It's build date was May 9. Apparently released but... any help at all, in letting me have an idea to its hold up, I'd be entirely grateful. Thanks in advance if you're able to help.

My VIN is 1FTFW1EF1BFB67351. It's build date was May 9. Apparently released but... any help at all, in letting me have an idea to its hold up, I'd be entirely grateful. Thanks in advance if you're able to help.

I'll look it up about noon tomorrow

Awaiting Shipment ReleasedFord Dearborn Assembly, MIMay-22-2011

No idea what is holding up the shipping. The stated ETA of May 29th is long gone.

Awaiting Shipment ReleasedFord Dearborn Assembly, MIMay-22-2011

No idea what is holding up the shipping. The stated ETA of May 29th is long gone.

Appreciate the reply. That's all the information Ford Canada was able to give too. My dealer said there was a shortage of tail light assemblies. I kinda call BS if the truck has been released??

Appreciate the reply. That's all the information Ford Canada was able to give too. My dealer said there was a shortage of tail light assemblies. I kinda call BS if the truck has been released??

Correct. It wouldn't be released if it didn't have a tail light assembly.

There may be some kind of shortage, but even if true, it didn't affect your unit. It's all up to the shipping company now.

For the most part, vehicles at STAP are loaded and shipped within 24 hours.

Havent got a clue as to why they sit around at Autoport's lot's that long. Shortage of railcars and trucks i assume.

I had a MKX build in Oakville last week and it is still sitting there, waiting for shipment. Takes 18 hours to build and way to long to deliver to dealers.

If ford would offer factory pickup, i'd have it already and it would ease whatever shipping backlog issues they have with Autoport.

Guys that ordered mustangs are waiting wayyyy to long as well as F150 orders. They better get there shit togetter.

Edited by Pete