2011 traction control

z06

Anyone with first hand experiance with TC on 2011 truck? Have heard that the TC is improved on 2011 trucks compared to prior years. Seems to work much more like a locked rear with the TC applying braking to one wheel at a time instead of one axle.

• 2 weeks later...

I have the 3.73 E-locking rear differential -

The differential itself is an open diff unless you pull the knob out and lock the rear axle, and then it's a locked diff. No limited slip or anything at any other time.

The traction control is incredible - I've spun gravel from both rear tires on a gravel road even with the open diff, and pulled through some snow that would normally stop a vehicle in 2WD in its tracks.

There are 3 traction control modes -

Traction Control - this is just the accelerator limiter, press TC button to turn off

AdvanceTrac - This is the stability control, hold TC button for 5 seconds to turn off.

* All TC turns back on at 35 MPH, or stays off permanently in 4-LO

One-Wheel Slip control - This makes the open diff behave as a limited slip diff. Can not be turned off.

I have the 3.73 E-locking rear differential -

The differential itself is an open diff unless you pull the knob out and lock the rear axle, and then it's a locked diff. No limited slip or anything at any other time.

The traction control is incredible - I've spun gravel from both rear tires on a gravel road even with the open diff, and pulled through some snow that would normally stop a vehicle in 2WD in its tracks.

There are 3 traction control modes -

Traction Control - this is just the accelerator limiter, press TC button to turn off

AdvanceTrac - This is the stability control, hold TC button for 5 seconds to turn off.

* All TC turns back on at 35 MPH, or stays off permanently in 4-LO

One-Wheel Slip control - This makes the open diff behave as a limited slip diff. Can not be turned off.

Good to hear. Went 4x4 with 3.31 gears which are not available with LS. Figured I could add aftermarket LS if needed. Am only around snow 1 or 2 times a year and wanted 3.31 for fuel economy rest of the time.

Good to hear. Went 4x4 with 3.31 gears which are not available with LS. Figured I could add aftermarket LS if needed. Am only around snow 1 or 2 times a year and wanted 3.31 for fuel economy rest of the time.

Cool - so what did you order?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...