Lava Red

Gixer444

Anyone know if they have found a new vendor for the Lava Red pigment they need? My salesman said they found one for the Tuxedo Black. Waiting to order........................

Technically it isn't a "pigment" that's an issue it's the "Xirallic" additive that they use to make the metallic effect that Kona Blue, Tuxedo Black and Lava Red has. It's only made by one company (Merck) and it's only made at one plant, the one in Japan. Merck plans to make a second plant to make the additive but until then even Tuxedo Black won't be available. The replacement black is not Tuxedo black.

Thanks for the input. I take it the salesman that told me they found a new vendor for the Tux black was misinformed, and then passed it on to me.

Technically it isn't a "pigment" that's an issue it's the "Xirallic" additive that they use to make the metallic effect that Kona Blue, Tuxedo Black and Lava Red has. It's only made by one company (Merck) and it's only made at one plant, the one in Japan. Merck plans to make a second plant to make the additive but until then even Tuxedo Black won't be available. The replacement black is not Tuxedo black.

Anyone know if they have found a new vendor for the Lava Red pigment they need? My salesman said they found one for the Tuxedo Black. Waiting to order........................

According to Donlen's June update, MY 2012 Mustang orders specifying Lava Red (UX) balanced out in June. The replacement color is Sterling Gray (UJ), which is expected to be introduced in September 2011.

I ordered a black mustang in April, what "black" did I get?

Black clearcoat, paint code UA.

• 2 weeks later...

The article below says Japan started shipping the Xirallic back in June. If anyone knows when or if they plan to bring back Lava Red, give some info here please. Waiting to order my 2012 GT. hopefully the will start back before the model year ends.

http://www.inautonews.com/japan-earthquake-xirallic-paint-pigment-production-in-japan-resumed

Correct; Tuxedo Black wasn't a colour offered on the Mustang.