How to reattach 2012 Window Trim piece?

Detroit Mustang

I noticed that my chrome window trim around the rear window (Hatch) was halfway off and couldnt press it back on, so I slid it off. Tried to reattach it tonight and it just doesnt seem to clip down (by pushing trim against the 4 clips). Tried adjusting the middle pressure points in the clips and it didnt seem to do anything. Pulled a clip off the rubber trim and was able to push it into the trim piece, but the way it is designed I dont think it would be a good idea to try to jam that onto the rubber along with the trim.

Any ideas?

Trim clip:

trim_clip.jpg

Backside of trim piece, showing channel:

trim_channel.jpg

take it back and let the dealer fix it

I agree. I noticed on my initial wash that the flexible B-pillar gap trim piece that attaches to the leading edge of the right rear passenger door (behind the piano black pillar trim) is not snug and will not properly attach at the bottom. If I'm not careful, I knock it askew when I dry it after a wash. Everything I've tried has failed. I think it's the part and I'm planning to have the dealer inspect for replacement at first service visit.