How long does it take an F150 to be shipped from KC?

gtemple

Just wondering if anyone could give me an idea of how long it generally takes a new F150 to make it from Kansas City to the Southern Ontario area by rail?

According to my dealer rep, a truck i ordered in February was just released from the plant and placed on a railcar. I understand that the last ramp will be in Buffalo, NY then the unit will be shipped via an auto transport truck.

Am I looking at a matter of days? weeks? for this new F150 to make it to the Canadian border? Any insights or estimates would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Just wondering if anyone could give me an idea of how long it generally takes a new F150 to make it from Kansas City to the Southern Ontario area by rail?

According to my dealer rep, a truck i ordered in February was just released from the plant and placed on a railcar. I understand that the last ramp will be in Buffalo, NY then the unit will be shipped via an auto transport truck.

Am I looking at a matter of days? weeks? for this new F150 to make it to the Canadian border? Any insights or estimates would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

I"m sorry, I should have added that on the window sticker under Transport it says "CONVOY" - not sure whether or not this means by road direct or via railway; however, Ford Canada rep in Oakville claimed it was on a railcar.

Thanks again.

Good morning, From start to finish it seems to average 4 to 10 weeks - remember that is based on parts and other issues that may come up. This is the link to the tracking that was done on mine. I am happy to say that mine is at the dealership as of 3 days ago and my wife is finishing up the paper work for me since I am in Baghdad IRAQ.

http://www.blueovalf...-2011-f150-fx2/ Cyperman and all the others that help on that forum are fantastic and they do it because they want to not because they have too. So be very nice to them and follow the rules when you ask to track your vehicle. I will be posting pictures to them as that is all they ask from a happy owner of a new FORD. Hope this helps you out - Semi clear day here in IRAQ :reading:

Good morning, From start to finish it seems to average 4 to 10 weeks - remember that is based on parts and other issues that may come up. This is the link to the tracking that was done on mine. I am happy to say that mine is at the dealership as of 3 days ago and my wife is finishing up the paper work for me since I am in Baghdad IRAQ.

http://www.blueovalf...-2011-f150-fx2/ Cyperman and all the others that help on that forum are fantastic and they do it because they want to not because they have too. So be very nice to them and follow the rules when you ask to track your vehicle. I will be posting pictures to them as that is all they ask from a happy owner of a new FORD. Hope this helps you out - Semi clear day here in IRAQ :reading:

This does help and I vet much appreciate the reply Puddlepirate.

Come home safe from Iraq. (I'm a Combat Engineering in the Canadian Army - lots of respect for our American men and women in uniform and for all of the assitance granted by the US Army/Marines in the Stan)

This does help and I vet much appreciate the reply Puddlepirate.

Come home safe from Iraq. (I'm a Combat Engineering in the Canadian Army - lots of respect for our American men and women in uniform and for all of the assitance granted by the US Army/Marines in the Stan)

Gtemple, thanks for the safe wishes! Canada is my next area that I would like to take my wife and youngest daughter and just knock out some time and drive across at our pace. No set time frame and enjoying the trip for the trip and not just because one has to be a certain place by a set date. Plans down the road for sure. Are you in the stan or on home grounds? I get to see my new toy in about 44 days and a wake up for sure! happy%20feet.gif

Gtemple, thanks for the safe wishes! Canada is my next area that I would like to take my wife and youngest daughter and just knock out some time and drive across at our pace. No set time frame and enjoying the trip for the trip and not just because one has to be a certain place by a set date. Plans down the road for sure. Are you in the stan or on home grounds? I get to see my new toy in about 44 days and a wake up for sure! happy%20feet.gif

Most Canadians were able to repat back home by Canada Day (1 July 11). We have some logistical and engineering personnel back in Kandahar who are tearing down materiel and preparting equipment for the long move back, and few others who are staying on to train the ANA. I am home. Take care.