12' Ti on order - ST bumper & LED's??

forsche

Just wanted to say a quick hello as I am a new member to this forum. I just ordered my 12' Focus Ti Sedan in white platinum. I am extremely excited about this car as ford has finally done away with the old bean counter fords of the past. Sorry to past owners but this has always been my feeling. I am in Europe quite a bit with my job so I have been able to drive European fords and lover them! My cousin has a Focus RS and that car is amazing. So glad to see Ford bringing the rest of the world focus here. The Getrag gearbox, DFI are near and dear to me from the Porsche world so to have many of those features on my new car will be wonderful. Anyway, enough of my ranting. Here is why I am really posting:

I am just starting to put a mods wish list together. I won't really be doing to many performance mod’s on the car except for the exhaust and the body. I say that now but.... :doh: I absolutely love the ST and I am thinking of putting the ST front bumper on my titanium along with the head lights with LED's.

2012-Ford-Focus-ST-Front-1.jpg

2012_ford_focus_sedan_front_main.jpg

I know that I am asking these questions way to prematurely as the ST is not even out but I want to try to put some ideas and research together as I am new to the ford focus. The ST bumper seems to be pretty straightforward as far as fitment is concerned. So far it appears to be the same fender’s and hood, the air-ducting and radiator surrounds can always be modified. Obviously I can’t do this conversion until the ST bumper and ST headlights are available and I actually get under one but perhaps someone has a little more insight.

Does the 2012 ECU have the ability to be coded for LED's? I am not sure what ECU ford is using on the focus but I am thinking a Siemens EMS SDI 3.1...maybe?

Does anyone know if the ST will have HID headlights?

I am hoping that Ford will offer the ST body work through Ford Performance Parts like they are planning with theFiesta which would make everything much easier for these mods but any information anyone can help me with would be great. Thanks!