F150 Raptor with Eco Boost engine option

pkihome

I'm kind of in the market for a new truck. I have a 1994 4x4 F350 IDI 7.3 diesel, and love the truck. My two issues with this truck are: All the plastic is cracking and falling apart, and It gets 10 miles to the gallon.

I have firmly decided I do not need a 1 ton truck any more and will be happy with a 1/2 ton. After looking at all the new trucks (all the big ones get 10 -15 mpg) I dont need poor mpg any more, I already have a truck that get that poor mpg.

So, why isn't there an option for the Raptor to have the Eco Boost? That would be the best of all worlds, a little economy and cool camping truck.. The 6.2 is just overkill.

Work on it you guys!

Thanks for reading my rant.

In my mind, this is akin to asking why the Mustang Shelby GT500 can't be had with the 3.7 liter V6.

Interesting. The Baja Raptor used the Raptor body and a race EcoBoost. The current EB has the same amount of torque as the Boss 6.2. The Boss will be discontinued long before the EB.

Interesting. The Baja Raptor used the Raptor body and a race EcoBoost. The current EB has the same amount of torque as the Boss 6.2. The Boss will be discontinued long before the EB.

The additional 46 horsepower of the 6.2 liter should not be discounted. It still provides the highest output figures and the most linear power delivery. That's why it is still equipped as standard equipment on all of the top F-150 trim levels. The Raptor is a premium trim level and should be equipped with the engine which provides the highest output levels. The 3.5 liter Ecoboost is currently marketed as a fuel economy option. The Raptor is hardly the right F-150 to purchase if fuel economy is a concern.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...