Dyno'ed a 2011 Ford Edge Sport

scuubydoo3

Alright everyone... Everyone has been asking for it through the different forums on here. So here it is.

I have a 2011 Ford Edge Sport. I've modded it withe the Prozenmotorsports Cold Air Intake, a Magna Flow exhaust, and a custom tuner.

I had them do an initial dyno to see where the car is at on horsepower. With a cold run, my 2011 Ford Edge Sport with the Cold Air Intake and Magna Flow exhaust was sitting at just 185HP at the wheels . I was really shocked with the result so several technicians and I checked all the connections, and made sure the wheels were sitting on the rollers correctly. We ran another dyno test and with the engine warm this time the result posted 183.21HP at the wheels. Again with only the CAI and Magna Flow exhaust.

The technician did an initial tune and ran the dyno which you can see the results in the last picture. The picture shows the initial run, the second run is after the first tune and the final run is the final tune.

After the first tune, he tuned it up some more. Which gave me the final result of 221.7HP at the wheels.

I know you can normally expect a 20% loss of horsepower when going from the engine to wheels. They also say that the Edge Sport loses even more horsepower with the 22in rims. Considering all those factors these results are saying that the Edge Sport is losing 120HP from engine to wheels. And thats with a modded CAI and exhaust. Even after custom tuning the engine with those two mods included, the results are telling me that the Edge Sport is running 28% less HP at the wheels from the engine.

I've included pictures of the results. The only result that I forgot to print of was the initial result (185HP). I'll try calling the dyno shop to see if they still have it saved and print it off for me. The second and last picture still shows the result differences between the first and last run though.

The third picture shows the air to fuel ratio result. Notice on the first run (before the tune) how it drops dramatically at about 4200 rpm's. The tune quickly fixed it where it stays constant through acceleration.

Now, I'm not a mechanic and almost all of this was explained to me while he was doing the tests.

There's lots of mixed feelings on these forums whether someone should do mods to their vehicle. I chose to do this and I'm capable of putting my PCM back to stock settings at any point that I feel i'm not satisfied with the changes.

Thanks and I hope this answers alot of peoples questions.

post-41656-0-58813300-1312699517_thumb.jpg

post-41656-0-93182400-1312699547_thumb.jpg

post-41656-0-07815600-1312699560_thumb.jpg

post-41656-0-57308600-1312699572_thumb.jpg