dealership issues

FordM/R

Quick synopsis, girl whose parents retired from maumee is trying to purchase a car down in Kentucky. They picked a car, used I believe but not sure, made a down payment and were told to come back next day. When they did they were told they were not approved for that car but had found another for them in south Carolina. The check was cashed last week and they still have no car and appear to be getting the run around from the dealership. We used to have a dealership liaison at maumee that could handle this type of stuff. Anyone have a number for someone like that in Kentucky or anywhere that could help her?

I think she said it was wildcat Ford as the dealership.

Thanks

Edited by FordM/R

Dealerships are what 8 track tapes were to the 80's

by 2025, 90 percent or better will be ordering their vehicles online!.

And they will be delivered right to their door like a UPS package.

Really... what about trade-ins? Service? Parts? You do know that dealers have franchise agreements that prevent the manufacturer from selling cars directly to the customer.

All of this was said 20 years ago with the advent of the internet. Some dealers even did away with salespeople. Thier business faltered. Then they realized that people actually like to haggle when purchasing a car. Goes back to the old horse trading days.

Quick synopsis, girl whose parents retired from maumee is trying to purchase a car down in Kentucky. They picked a car, used I believe but not sure, made a down payment and were told to come back next day. When they did they were told they were not approved for that car but had found another for them in south Carolina. The check was cashed last week and they still have no car and appear to be getting the run around from the dealership. We used to have a dealership liaison at maumee that could handle this type of stuff. Anyone have a number for someone like that in Kentucky or anywhere that could help her?

I think she said it was wildcat Ford as the dealership.

Thanks

Never give a car dealership money, without them giving you a signed contract of what they are giving you in return!!!!!!!