$10 million for vacations

The Obamas' summer break on Martha's Vineyard has already been branded a PR disaster after the couple arrived four hours apart on separate government jets.

But according to new reports, this is the least of their extravagances.

White House sources today claimed that the First Lady has spent $10million of U.S. taxpayers' money on vacations alone in the past year.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2029615/Michelle-Obama-accused-spending-10m-public-money-vacations.html#ixzz1W5VY6txh

Isn't she special!

• Like 2

Judicial Watch Sues US Air Force for Documents Detailing the Cost to Taxpayers for Michelle Obama’s Family Trip to Africa

http://www.judicialwatch.org/news/2011/aug/judicial-watch-sues-us-air-force-documents-detailing-cost-taxpayers-michelle-obama-s-f

The professed purpose of Mrs. Obama’s trip was to encourage young people living in South Africa and Botswana to get involved in national affairs. The First Lady’s remarks focused on education, health, and wellness issues. However, accompanied by her daughters Malia and Sasha, her mother, Marian Robinson, and her niece and nephew, Leslie and Avery Robinson, the trip also included such tourist events as visits to historical landmarks and museums as well as a visit with Nelson Mandela, described by Mrs. Obama as “surreal”. The trip ended with a private family safari at a South African game reserve before the group returned to Washington on June 27.

Michelle was probably telling the kids that one of them could be president of the United States someday too

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I know that argument usually gets countered with "well President xxxxxxx took 20 vacations when he was in office". I honestly dont care who is in office, personally I think they're all crooked. I mean who else raises millions of dollars for a job that pays less that $500k a year? Anyway, I'm not gonna go off on that rant. It doesn't matter which side of the aisle you stand on, until people start coming together to agree on things, we're just going to dig ourselves into a deeper hole.

• Like 2