Job Bids for Wayne & Woodhaven

Milan Chick

If anyone has any connections to find out what the bottom seniority is that gets these job bid, please post. MAP, MAP BSU, Woodhaven Stamping, Woodhaven Forge. The anticipation is killing us.

I work at MAP and was told by our labor rep that these are all RTBU only openings. If you arent originally from any of the plants you wont be eligible.

I work at MAP and was told by our labor rep that these are all RTBU only openings. If you arent originally from any of the plants you wont be eligible.

Ok...Dumb question...Since nobody can be "from" a new plant like MAP, how can anyone have RTBU rights for that plant? I came from MTP, so it would seem that I should have RTBU rights to go back to the plant that replaced it, yet I am at DTP and no such option has been made available to me. I concur with what was posted above about shortening my commute as well.

I would think you would have RTBU which would be MAP now. I'd get ahold of anderson jr and find out WTF and if you don't get the answer you like then the IUAW. I take it you didn't have the senority to come to wayne or ISA back when they idled MTP.

Edited by MTP'er

I would think you would have RTBU which would be MAP now. I'd get ahold of anderson jr and find out WTF and if you don't get the answer you like then the IUAW. I take it you didn't have the senority to come to wayne or ISA back when they idled MTP.

7/96....Not sure if I could have made it back to Wayne or ISA or not, though I could have gone nextdoor back in '07 instead of to DTP. I chose wrong.

Your Labor Rep, is badly mis-informed.

These openings were posted at several facilites, and open to anyone that signed up. YES, those with Rtbu rights will get first opprotunity, but there WILL be many openings filled by others that have signed.

They were not posted at facilities that the company deemed already short handed, and since the posting also included 7 openings for DTP...they unfortunatly didn't get the option.

Edited by trailfndr

If anyone has any connections to find out what the bottom seniority is that gets these job bid, please post. MAP, MAP BSU, Woodhaven Stamping, Woodhaven Forge. The anticipation is killing us.

hearing a rumor of a greivence from MAP challenging the Ford senority of AAI employees is holding this up.

hearing a rumor of a greivence from MAP challenging the Ford senority of AAI employees is holding this up.

That won't go anywhere. AAI personel were given ford Senority when they became Ford. Ford and the UAW agreed with it at the time, and its simply not going to change. The only thing that wasn't rollled in was the retierment, which is still an issue this contract season.