Profit Shared Earning Fund For All Workers

ratatattat

I suggest to our leaders that we negotiate a "Profit Shared Earnings Fund".

This will allow all workers of the big three to share in a flat percentage of profit earnings made by all three auto companies. If the IUAW can take over VEBA to get the company off the hook on healthcare, then the IUAW should protect our way of life a lot better then what they are doing. I suggest we have a Profit Shared Earnings Fund put together by the company and IUAW which will allow each worker to benefit from large profits made by these companies especially Ford workers if there is no pattern bargaining.

Here is how I propose it should work:

We all know that every quarter the company shows billions in profits however there are no new jobs being created and no recoup of the monies we have lost in the past 10 years. While the company keeps showing billion dollar earnings to us each quarter we sit there with our arms up in the air wondering why "I didn't get an equal share of the pie".

Lets just talk about Ford for the sake of this argument or proposal to the leadership.

Ford has been producing record billions over billions in profit each quarter and all we get is a $600 bonus at the end of the year and a measly 5-$1000 profit sharing (which is based on hours worked) which the company knows they make out on this crappy formula and because most people can't afford to be away from their families more then 40 hours a week that worker is punished because he didn't put in the over time that others did and at the end of the year earns a minimum size profit sharing check which is not right. All workers should get the same thing across the board. We all worked hard, we all did the same jobs all for one team.

I propose a 5 to 10% percentage of the profit sharing money Ford makes should be placed in a fund for all workers so that at the end of the year a flat profit sharing check can be distributed from that fund to all workers. Everyone gets a fair share piece of the pie. Everyone is sure to be rewarded with their hard work a reasonable amount of money and not what the company dictates. If you were out on medical for more then 90 days of that work year, you get a minimum amount and everyone on medical gets that same amount. Otherwise you earn a flat share of the pizza pie.

For example, if the company reports 1 billion dollars in profit each quarter then 1-10% of that should go into the Profit Shared Earnings Fund (100 million) and the IUAW distributes this money accordingly at the end of the year to it's members less banking and administration fees. This will ensure that we bring the large profit bonuses back to us where they belong, and the company can allow the IUAW to handle it.

Now, if the company doesn't report profit earnings for all 4 quarters then a small minimum amount will be distributed by the company (Like we get now $600 after taxes).. NO skin off the company's back and we still get a little something.

Listen I'm not saying we should take all the company's profits and my numbers are just examples, but a small percentage will not hurt the company at all and help the workers be prosperous again.

If you took even 1% of 1% of the profits each quarter and after taxes and administration/banking costs distributed throughout the membership you would see 10-20k profit sharing checks again. This would also motivate more the workers to provide a better quality product and look for ways to make the company profitable instead of just relying on the company to do it and just sitting back and doing your job. For it will cause the workers to be more proactive.

Let me know what you think, your reasons (give me valid ones) and just don't smash me for this post. I want to know the reasoning behind why you think this is not a good idea. My examples talk about Ford, but this would ultimately have to be negotiated for all 3 autos. This way if one auto is not profitable (and they do not take gov money) they still get profit sharing from the IUAW Profit Earnings fund.

Edited by ratatattat
  • Like 1