I love people's reactions to my Focus!

Chibana

I recently ordered my winter wheels and tires from Discount Tire. When the guy I dealt with saw my 2012 Focus Titanium hatchback with the 18" THP wheels, he said, "That's a Focus?!" He was stunned. This morning, I went in for the test fitting of the wheels (Drag DR-9 wheels, see photo). The guy I dealt with today came out to look at the car and see if the OEM tires needed rotating (the car has about 10,400 miles on it). He asked which car was mine, and I said, "The Focus." I could tell that he didn't think he saw a Focus in the lot. As we walked toward the car he said, "That's a Focus?!" I said, "Yep. I love it." Then I flipped him out when he tried to open the door and I touched the inside door handle to unlock all the doors.

Thank you Ford for giving us Americans the "real deal" Focus, and not a dumbed-down version compared to the rest of the world. It's a fantastic car that's also fun to drive!

IMAG0546.jpg

2012%252520Focus%252520Titanium.20110904-20.jpg

My Son picked out a metallic black with black leather SEL. http://www.cleanmpg.com/photos/showphoto.php/photo/17823/cat/500/ppuser/36 He said a guy came up to him that really liked it and ask what kind of mileage does he get. My Son told him he was getting a little over 37mpg on his present tank. He said the guy told him he was going to get one and that helped him make up his mind. Really, my Son should have told the guy his lifetime MPG and gave him the link to his mileage log: http://www.cleanmpg.com/index.php?page=garage&displayunits=MPG%28US%29&viewcar=3738

• 2 weeks later...

Absolutely agree. I have an ingot silver hatchback SE and was more than pleasantly surprised to see the car turning heads in the parking lot at work, passing people at a bus stop, and even getting a shout out by some teenage girls waiting for the school bus! None of my prior cars had that effect on anybody. At first I thought they were looking because something was wrong! I've only had the car for a month but the way it catches the early or late day sunlight really makes it look good.

I recently ordered my winter wheels and tires from Discount Tire. When the guy I dealt with saw my 2012 Focus Titanium hatchback with the 18" THP wheels, he said, "That's a Focus?!" He was stunned. This morning, I went in for the test fitting of the wheels (Drag DR-9 wheels, see photo). The guy I dealt with today came out to look at the car and see if the OEM tires needed rotating (the car has about 10,400 miles on it). He asked which car was mine, and I said, "The Focus." I could tell that he didn't think he saw a Focus in the lot. As we walked toward the car he said, "That's a Focus?!" I said, "Yep. I love it." Then I flipped him out when he tried to open the door and I touched the inside door handle to unlock all the doors.

Thank you Ford for giving us Americans the "real deal" Focus, and not a dumbed-down version compared to the rest of the world. It's a fantastic car that's also fun to drive!

IMAG0546.jpg

2012%252520Focus%252520Titanium.20110904-20.jpg