BACK TO THE TABLE

EvilTwin

I believe this union has done a great job and bargained their asses off, getting some badly needed commitments from the company but I emplore them to return to the table and get some real language on this next contract that will get the long term I.L.O.'s back to work. Not just hope that enough people will take a buyout and hope that the company replaces them. If your from a closed plant, you are way to far back in the hierarchy to ever get placed. Do something for the guy's that are in real dire straits. It's a simple addition.

because

Ford's CEO got 9 times the compensation of GM's and yet our bonus's are around 1.50 times GM just to maintain the competitive environment. Ford is willing to pay for the upswing but not to us and the UAW is too scared to demand it.

Dan Akerson compensation

Alan's health wages

I also believe that the UAW-Ford Dept negotiators did not pressure the company enough to get us a better signing bonus. I think they intentionally kept it low and rewarded the company. Otherwise why didn't they push harder? Ford's gotten over on us and the IUAW just takes it.

Dan Akerson's bonus was limited by the Obama administration, under the loan agreements that were as much a part of the bankruptcy proceedings GM went through as the no-strike clause in the UAW's contract with GM.

I believe our bargainers couldn't get better because Ford's already got the highest labor rate of the Detroit Three, and they weren't going to make it even higher.

I believe this union has done a great job and bargained their asses off, getting some badly needed commitments from the company but I emplore them to return to the table and get some real language on this next contract that will get the long term I.L.O.'s back to work. Not just hope that enough people will take a buyout and hope that the company replaces them. If your from a closed plant, you are way to far back in the hierarchy to ever get placed. Do something for the guy's that are in real dire straits. It's a simple addition.

The language in this contract is so vague I'm not sure exactly where displaced trades without a home plant stand in the placement hierarchy. My chairman has read it and is not sure either. He said he will have to look into it.

• Like 1

The language in this contract is so vague I'm not sure exactly where displaced trades without a home plant stand in the placement hierarchy. My chairman has read it and is not sure either. He said he will have to look into it.

I've reread the hierarchy and if your from a closed plant your first opportunity for a job comes in at step #3...in-zone posting...the only problem is I haven't seen a step #3 job offer in my trade in my zone in the 4 yrs I've been looking and even if i had they would get eaten up by any high seniority tradesman in zone that has an I.L.O. at his plant. After that the next offer is an out of zone offer where the high seniority tradesman again would have first crack at the job as long as there is an I.L.O. at his plant. this has happened once in my trade. The high seniority got the jobs then were backfilled with low seniority people I.L.O.ed from their plant. Leaving the guy who has been laid-off for years on the street because he is from a closed plant even though he has more seniority than the backfill guy.

If your from a closed plant your screwed.

Edited by EvilTwin
  • Like 1