Open Letter to Mr. King & Mr. Settles Please Read

homerhero

Thank you for you years of service; I know it’s been hard trying to negotiate a new contract with 2 automakers going bankrupt and Ford making record profits, and you guys trying to hold on to pattern agreements. Even if Ford membership didn’t want patter agreements you are attempting to shove them down or throats anyway.

Mr. Settles posted on facebook that if we the rank and file of UAW doesn’t vote yes on this contract proposal that he would give Ford 72 HR notice and we would go on strike, and that for doing this Ford will answer and replace us with permanent replacement workers.

If Mr. Settles and Mr. King feel they cannot go on, and if this is the best they can do, and the only option is to call a strike. I would suggest that since Mr. King and Mr. Settles are no longer willing, or able to get Ford back to the table. That they should step a side and lets some other members try to negotiate a new agreement without “going on strike and getting us replaced” as Mr. Settles stated.

Why not turn this over to the Building Chairmen who didn’t serve on the last negotiating committee and see if some members with different view might be able to negotiate a deal without a strike and us getting replaced by Ford.

Thank you very much Elmer (wildcat) Green UAW 862..

P.S did you and all the other International reps have a great summer on your European tour. I love all the photo’s these reps posted on their facebook pages, telling all us members how great Europe is in the summer. Won’t name any names but Louisville was very well represented.

Thank you for you years of service; I know it’s been hard trying to negotiate a new contract with 2 automakers going bankrupt and Ford making record profits, and you guys trying to hold on to pattern agreements. Even if Ford membership didn’t want patter agreements you are attempting to shove them down or throats anyway.

Mr. Settles posted on facebook that if we the rank and file of UAW doesn’t vote yes on this contract proposal that he would give Ford 72 HR notice and we would go on strike, and that for doing this Ford will answer and replace us with permanent replacement workers.

If Mr. Settles and Mr. King feel they cannot go on, and if this is the best they can do, and the only option is to call a strike. I would suggest that since Mr. King and Mr. Settles are no longer willing, or able to get Ford back to the table. That they should step a side and lets some other members try to negotiate a new agreement without “going on strike and getting us replaced” as Mr. Settles stated.

Why not turn this over to the Building Chairmen who didn’t serve on the last negotiating committee and see if some members with different view might be able to negotiate a deal without a strike and us getting replaced by Ford.

P.S did you and all the other International reps have a great summer on your European tour. I love all the photo’s these reps posted on their facebook pages, telling all us members how great Europe is in the summer. Won’t name any names but Louisville was very well represented.

Good Post! Isn't it a darn shame that the outside people and media have to loop us into this (european vacation tour) business. As if the line workers would ever have enough time to go on a European vacation. Jimmy Settles seems like he and King are the only ones that do not want to go back to the table. Why? Because they want "Yes" people, less work for them and more contracts to be signed the way they want. Let's face it and this is not against the hard working 2 tier workers who are probably working their asses off but basically have to say "yes" because the fear of losing a job is a lot closer reality than others. To then kind of hint around that they will be replacement workers, what, are they anxious to represent these folks?? Scabs?? Yes people.

What you are hoping to happen never will. So now what. It is not like they are your personal lawyers and you can fire them. If they are not going to help get a better deal because they are corrupt then turning down the deal will gain nothing more and if a strike is called many of the NO voters will cave in on a deal that may even be less tastie. Like a guy in prison doing more time than he had to because he did not take a plea bargain at the lawers suggestion the NO voters may also be making a irreversible mistake. Just sayin.

Edited by sez