2006 Taurus heater issue

thaduke2003

So I'm a local mechanic, and I have a 2006 Taurus in my shop with no heat. I'm told (by the customer) that this is fairly common on these, and that he thinks it's the heater control switch. Here's the dope:

No heat in any setting when the car's warm. A/C blows cold (although it's November in NY!), fan speeds are good- just zero heat. No leakage under the passenger carpet, so I believe the heater core is good.

So, where is the heater control switch? On the back of the HVAC board? Also, any other ideas? Thanks! Mark W.

• 1 month later...

So I'm a local mechanic, and I have a 2006 Taurus in my shop with no heat. I'm told (by the customer) that this is fairly common on these, and that he thinks it's the heater control switch. Here's the dope:

No heat in any setting when the car's warm. A/C blows cold (although it's November in NY!), fan speeds are good- just zero heat. No leakage under the passenger carpet, so I believe the heater core is good.

So, where is the heater control switch? On the back of the HVAC board? Also, any other ideas? Thanks! Mark W.

There's the blend door actuator and the blower motor resistor. Those are the only two items i know of that are "e-z" fixes, but it is highly unlikely since you can get AC OK and the fan speeds are good.

The heater core may be clogged from rust if the cooling system was never flushed. Cast iron engine makes this a necessary maintenance item every 2-3 years. You could try flushing and back flushing the cooling system. Search Google for the clinton flush on the taurus club website.