CMAX

Michigander

Driving thru the plant yesterday and,checking out the new CMax, very nice vehicle. Everything is in the right place in the inside. Will make a great family hauler or, Just if you want more room.shades.gif

How many different models has the UAW negotiated to go into MAP? We are jealous at AAI but we are excited to get product and job security like MAP

Focus

electric

hybrid

gas

ST

CMAX

hybrid

electric

Every 6 months,we are going to be coming out with different model and,styles. Been in this area of plants for 17 years and, should be good till retirement now.drool.gif

Looks like you will be in constant launch. MAP will be a house of jobs for years to come. AAI is lucky to be included in these investments

If your so jealous then why didn't you go to

Map and work.

Not sure you got Job security like MAP, your building

a slow outdated selling mustang and your getting

overflow product from a Mexican plant that just

got approved for a BILLION DOLLAR investment.

I just don't see Ford selling 300,000 plus Fusions.

Slow and outdated might be your opinion, but that's not the case!

http://www.mustangheaven.com/2012/march-2012-ford-mustang-sales-figures-up-we-go/

How many different models has the UAW negotiated to go into MAP? We are jealous at AAI but we are excited to get product and job security like MAP

I think we build like 5 different models and they are about to add one more. Just started two weeks ago so I'm not entirely sure. Someone should correct me if I'm wrong.

I worked at AAI as a temp between 2007-2010 and to tell you the truth, from what I've experienced so far, MAP is superior to AAI. MAP seems a bit more lax than AAI, though the one advantage to AAI, at least in the past, was there always seemed to be overtime abailable. I was told during orientation at MAP that once C-crew starts there probably won't be a lot of OT available, so if you're into working OT then MAP may not be the best place, though it probably offers more job security than AAI. I only make $15.78, so I want as much OT as I can get and in the past, AAI has almost always had it.

So I'd say if you're at AAI and you're thinking about transferring, MAP is definitely a great place to go. Plus MAP has one of the best locals (local 900), at least according to the people I've talked to.