2013 Ford Explorer Sport When?

Hi there Blue Oval Forum readers!

Just had a quick question in hopes someone can shed some light as to when we might seeing and or hearing the new 2013 Explorer Sport will be available to order and when they may hit the showroom floors?

I am in the market for a new Ford Explorer after seeing how much the car has to offer compared to other vehicles in it's class and upon going to the dealer the other day, I was pleased to find out that there will be a "Sport" version out soon as it was just unveiled at the New York Auto Show about 3 weeks ago. I am not familiar how Ford goes to Market after announcing a vehicle, but the dealer I was at had just received a 2013 FLEX and was ready for the buyer to pick it up. So I am hoping someone here can shed some light on this.I am hoping I can order one soon and be one of the first to receive one when they arrive.

In the meantime I will keep looking at the NYC Auto Show Coverage and the YouTube videos of the vehicle!

Any insight on past experience would be helpful.

Thanks!

Hi there Blue Oval Forum readers!

Just had a quick question in hopes someone can shed some light as to when we might seeing and or hearing the new 2013 Explorer Sport will be available to order and when they may hit the showroom floors?

I am in the market for a new Ford Explorer after seeing how much the car has to offer compared to other vehicles in it's class and upon going to the dealer the other day, I was pleased to find out that there will be a "Sport" version out soon as it was just unveiled at the New York Auto Show about 3 weeks ago. I am not familiar how Ford goes to Market after announcing a vehicle, but the dealer I was at had just received a 2013 FLEX and was ready for the buyer to pick it up. So I am hoping someone here can shed some light on this.I am hoping I can order one soon and be one of the first to receive one when they arrive.

In the meantime I will keep looking at the NYC Auto Show Coverage and the YouTube videos of the vehicle!

Any insight on past experience would be helpful.

Thanks!

The salesman that I purchased my 2010 Explorer says that he will be able to order in early summer, so he is expecting it to be on his lot around late August or September, but I would really expect around October.

• 3 months later...

The 2013 Explorer Sport is part of Job 2, which will begin assembly on September 4, 2012 from what I've been told. They've been accepting orders since June, and there is a slightly newer order guide dated August 1 that has a few changes (such as power tilt/telescoping wheel and adjustable pedals). Best guess is delivery will occur end of September and/or early October.

• 1 month later...