2012 Ford Focus Production hold

System48

I purchased a new Focus 5-Door Titanium on 4/6/12 and have been waiting for it to be delivered. We had been told the car would be delivered on the 9th, the blend date was 3/26. After a couple weeks of waiting I contacted Ford corporate and was told the car was awaiting shipment. Then after another week I contacted them again and eventually talked to a CSR manager and was told that their was a hold on about 1300 cars. I had already been checking stock at other Ford dealers and it appears to be only the Titanium models that are affected by what ever the problem is. The manager wouldn't/couldn't give me any details on an expected ship date or what the problem is. Has anyone else heard about this or are currently in the same boat?

Sorry to hear about your delay. When my Fiesta was ordered. There was a delay for the moon roof (build 2), a delay for front seats (no issue on mine I would find out) and finally a delay because of a large windstorm that bent the rail tracks so no deliveries until repairs. Congratulations on your purchase and hope it works out. Can you share the details of your Focus?

Sorry to hear about your delay. When my Fiesta was ordered. There was a delay for the moon roof (build 2), a delay for front seats (no issue on mine I would find out) and finally a delay because of a large windstorm that bent the rail tracks so no deliveries until repairs. Congratulations on your purchase and hope it works out. Can you share the details of your Focus?

We were a little nervous going all the way through with the purchase without the car being on the lot to begin with but the dealer was offering a deep discount, $5000 off sticker price. Hopefully the issue will be resolved soon. Here's a link to the windows sticker, http://www.inventory.ford.com/services/inventory/WindowSticker.pdf?vin=1FAHP3N29CL381611.

I haven't heard of any delays, but with such a small number, it suggests maybe a parts or quality issue. In some cases, if even one car was found to have an issue, Ford will hold back that batch and see if any other vehicles are impacted.

I probably wouldn't worry too much about it. I waited three months for mine last year (that included waiting for Red Candy to come back online, planned summer holiday shut down, shipping and general demand).

I believe it is a problem with the large screen display. We have the ST on hold for the same issue. Supplyer problem. Your car probably has ben built but is in our plant lot awaiting the upgrades before shipping. We do want to make sure you are happy when you do get your new car!