New Subaru Forester looking more like an Escape! :)

LauraLou

This week I have been behind two Subaru Foresters In traffic and could not help but notice they are starting to look like the the back of my 2010 Ford Escape. The shape is much boxier and even the tail lights seem to mimic those of Ford! Just curious if any of you folks noticed this?

Edited by LauraLou

:yup:

The Forester and the CD2 platform Escape are definitely two of the more "boxier" entries in the compact CUV segment. Both the Forester and Escape benefit from great outward visibility, something that products like the Nissan Rogue lack.

• Like 1

That is why my last three vehicles have been an Escape! :) Exactly what you stated -- I love the visibility factor! :) it is my perfect vehicle for that reason. I am hoping, though it has changed in dimensions, that the view is still good on the 2013 I am awaiting shipment of. Any thoughts on that?

I am hoping, though it has changed in dimensions, that the view is still good on the 2013 I am awaiting shipment of. Any thoughts on that?

I haven't had an opportunity to test drive the new 2013 Escape yet, but I think Ford has managed to combine swoopier styling with good visibility in the new one. So even if outward visibility isn't as expansive as in the older Escape or Forester, it shouldn't present a major issue for most drivers.

All things considered, I think Ford has a winner with this new Escape/Kuga and hope to test drive one in the near future. And I'm not even a fan of crossover vehicles generally! ;)

• 2 weeks later...